Seeking Group in North Central Jersey

I'm an experienced 30-something gamer looking to join a group for a regular (or semi-regular) D&D game in North Central Jersey (I'm in Lake Hopatcong, willing to drive some distance depending upon game location). I ran a D&D 3.5 campaign in the Atlanta area for 4 years before moving to Jersey but haven't played/DM'd in a year -- looking to get back into it.

- Prefer "classic" D&D flavor, 3.0/3.5 rules. I'm happy as a clam playing core-rules only but willing to adapt as required, within reason (if you have an inch-thick book of house rules, though, I probably won't like your game).

- Willing to DM, though I'd prefer to join an existing group to get to know folks before starting DMing.

- Timing of the game matters as I often travel during the week for work.

- Prefer to play with adults who enjoy playing the game (beer & pretzels gaming is fine; personally I like a balance of ); looking for a good environment (no drugs, smoking at the table, etc)

PM or post in the thread.

Thanks!

Cinerarium

First Post
Hi Olgar!

I live in High Bridge (head down 517 and bang a right in Long Valley... it's about 40 minutes from you) and grew up in Sparta (cut my gaming teeth with a bunch of my Sparta High School buddies fifteen years back), so welcome to the neighborhood! I'm interested in starting a group up if we can find some more folks. I haven't played regularly since I moved back north from Virginia a couple of years ago but would love to get into it again. 3.5 is great, and since I haven't played in a couple of years I'm not super familiar with most of the non-core books that have come out in that time. I'm a fan of the Eberron setting but am fine with most anything as long as the folks at the table are fun to hang out with and the story's good.

At any rate, let me know if any kind of group coalesces. I'd volunteer to DM but between my job, my kids, and basically the rest of my life I'd like to keep to playing for now.

Let me know!
Steve

Cinerarium

First Post
Bumping this -- Olgar, any luck? Anybody else out there in northern/central Jersey looking for a group? I'd throw this out to Sussex, Warren, Morris, Hunterdon, and Somerset counties.

More on me -- I'm an early thirties gamer as well. I started playing in 5th grade but since high school I've gone long stretches without playing. I was lucky enough a few years ago to fall in with a bunch of great guys in Maryland and northern Virginia (Destan and Frostrune, if they're still on the boards) and we had a regular group for a couple of years that I DM'd for the majority, before I moved north. Haven't had much time or opportunity to play since then. I'm really looking for the kind of group that can hang out over a couple of beers and have a great time and a regular conversation, and then can also sit down at the gaming table and geek out for a few hours every couple weeks.

So I'm hoping this goes somewhere and that there are some other people between groups. Let's go!

Not much in other responses, yet. Failed Saving Throw is supposed to be moving to Clifton late summer/early fall -- that's potentially three. If we could just track down 2-3 more regulars in say Morris/Sussex County we'd be good to go.

I ran my last campaign in Atlanta (diaglo, howandwhy99, and some others here at EN World were in that group). That campaign went 4 years, every two weeks at first, then less often as I moved away and had a onger commute to the game.

I'm looking for the same sort of group as you -- easy going, etc.

I'd prefer to have a semi-regular schedule to help everyone plan -- every two weeks or so. Our Atlanta group did Sundays 12-6, but even four-hour sessions would be OK. Friday evening, Sat or Sun are best for me as I do a lot of travel during the week, and my schedule is pretty unpredictable.

Cinerarium

First Post
Friday evenings are probably the easiest for me. I've got kids and work a bunch during the week, so the weekends are my time for them and to try to get anything done around the house. I can sympathize with the travel though -- one of the reasons I didn't play much the last couple of years was that my last job had me traveling Monday through Thursday every week.

drquestion

Explorer
Failed Saving Throw (who's moving to Clifton soon, and had an earlier ad) had been talking about trying to find a group. I'm in my late twenties, and in New Brunswick, but I'm willing to travel a bit for a game. We had been thinking of something like a biweekly Sunday game. Sundays are probably the only feasible day for me if the game's going to be in North Jersey. I work down in Princeton, and the drive would just be too far for a weeknight game, particularly when added to rush hour traffic.

Hey guys. My wife and I just moved to Clifton, and we're in the process of getting the apartment together. I'll be leaving for our honeymoon soon, but would be available by the middle of September.

I'm looking to DM a 3.5 campaign, but I'd be just as happy to be a player in someone else's group. The catch with me is that my apartment is not really the best gaming environment.

As I mentioned to Drquestion via e-mail, I'd like to run the Savage Tide adventure path (it ran in the final 12 issues of Dungeon), but I'm pretty open to other ideas.

As for when I'm available, I prefer Friday and Sunday. Sunday is really the best time for me.

Let's see, what else...I'm 30, have been playing D&D for a long time, but have yet to DM or play a 3.5 campaign, and I'm really itching to jump into it.

Wystan

Explorer
Well,

I am a 33 Year old gamer that would be interested in a monthly type game night. I live in the Paterson area and can travel if needed as well... :)

Wystan (Bill)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases