Seeking Group in North Central Jersey

OK, I'll set a site up this weekend.

Would a 16 SEP start inconvenience anyone, or should we focus on Friday evening?

Edit: Or maybe that is a problem. I can't do SUN 23 SEP, but the other Fridays and Sundays have freed up (except for unknown return travel from GA on 21 SEP).

Looking at the map, Parsippany is central, but perhaps Paterson/Wystan might be the best common location given traffic patterns.

Last edited:

Wystan

Explorer
I am again more than willing to host, but I think a good tactic is to meet somewhere neutral. As to hosting, let me offer the following for perusal.

1. medium size room with Nice plastic table, 5 chairs rated to 500lbs.
2. I have Cats, my sister has dogs (the room is outside her part of the house)
3. Any smoking would have to be outside. I prefer to not have smoke in my house.
4. I tend not to drink alcohol, and would prefer that gaming and intoxication do not mix.

Any questions?

KingCrab

First Post
Wystan said:
I am again more than willing to host, but I think a good tactic is to meet somewhere neutral.

You mean like a local gaming store? The only one around me that I know of is in the Denville area off route 10. The same is something similar to "dark tower". They do have tables and a big room. I don't know exactly how to reserve a table, but I could look into it if people were interested.

Wystan

Explorer
No, I mean like eat together first like a diner. This way we meet for the first time in a non-game location and just get to know each other first...

:)

Wystan said:
No, I mean like eat together first like a diner. This way we meet for the first time in a non-game location and just get to know each other first...

:)

Not a bad idea depending on what day/time we first meet.

No problems with your rules ... I basically have the same ones for my place!

I'm back in NJ after the return trip from heck ... I'll set up the yahoogroup this morning.

Edit:

I've named the group "North Central Jersey D&D Gamers" (for lack of a better name for now).

Site is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NCJGamers/

Email is: NCJGamers@yahoogroups.com

I'm going to set it up as a private group, so you'll have to request access to join (or get me your email address and I'll invite you).

Last edited:

wsclark

Explorer
Hi everyone,

My name is Bill and I live in Byram Township, NJ, which is just into Sussex County about 2 miles north of Route 80 up Route 206.

I am 46 and a long, long time player of D&D (going back to 1975). I am married for 23 years with two kids. I currently have a group that is playing a 3.5 campaign weekly on Friday nights (6 players) that I DM and also had at one point another group that met every three to fours weeks on a weekend to play. I also play in another game that meets fairly weekly on Wednesday evenings that my son (who is 14) also plays in.

I DM 99% of the time and only starting playing a character this past summer on a semi regular basis. I do not know if that will continue once school starts up, since the primary purpose of the gaming on Wednesdays is to give my son a chance to play, but school work comes first.

My son and I did start another campaign early this year, Savage Tides in fact, but the DM's life intervened. Actually, the DM of that campaign was the 7th player in my weekly game.

You can find out a lot of information about my games through the link in my signature.

I am posting in this thread for two primary reasons. One, I like to keep an eye out for other players in my area, since the area is fairly devoid of visible people who player. I do this because you never know what might happen with a gaming group. My original weekly group lost 3 of its 6 original players within the span of 3 months due to people moving, so I like to keep in touch with other players in case my weekly group might need more. Actually, I can handle 1 or 2 additional players in that game at any time.

Second, I would like to at least entertain the possibility of playing in another game with adults (not including my son, or daughter for that matter). Since playing a little bit on and off for the last several months, I have found that I do enjoy it and it improves my DMing ability as well. If I could swing Sundays every two to four weeks, it is also quite possible that I could host the game since my finished basement has an area dedicated to gaming and I also have quite a few reasources available, things like a failry large collection of Dwarven Forge Dungeon terrain.

So, I figured I would chime in here, especially since this is where I have found all of the players in my campaigns over the last 8 years that I didn't know personally. Even if I can't participate in a game, it would be nice to meet all of you. A pre-game meeting at a neutral location, I have found, is always a very good idea. I do it each time I meet new people, it makes everyone feel a lot more comfortable.

KingCrab

First Post
Diner sounds like a great idea. It's something we're all familiar with (being in NJ) and give us a chance to see if any of us are scary freaks.

wsclark

Explorer
KingCrab said:
Diner sounds like a great idea. It's something we're all familiar with (being in NJ) and give us a chance to see if any of us are scary freaks.

Well, if you want to see if I am scary, follow this link. On the right hand side is a picture of three guys (you can click on it to see a larger version). I am the one in the center holding the award.

Hey, Bill, welcome aboard ... good to hear there is another gamer close to me, as you're the closest to me of everyone who has responded.

I've approved three requests to join the Yahoo Group thus far so hopefully we can settle on a time and place to meet up. Diner sounds good to me too (I can't match Bill for awards on the web to prove my un-scariness, so y'all will just have to take a chance ;) )

Remove ads