Sell me on fey!

Nellisir

Hero
Arrgh! Mark! said:
Dr. Strange and Mr. Norrell, by an author I can't remember. Truly awesome historical fantasy - and better for a very interesting look at the callousness of fey.
It's "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrill", actually - Dr. Strange is the Marvel Comics character. I make the same mistake alot. The author is Susanna Clarke, and she has a new collection of short stories set, by and large, in the same universe (the exception is her "Wall" story, set in Neil Gaiman's "Stardust" universe, which is much the same as hers). The title is "The Ladies of Grace Adieu"

QuaziquestGM

First Post
Fey are a more "natural" choice for PCs than the standard player races.
What do pcs in a game called Dungeons and Dragons do?
What do players often end up asking Gm's in the 4th or 5th week of the adventure?

"Why are we in this Dungeon again? What was it that we needed in the Dragon's hoard? Oh, right!, the princess....no, that was last month...."

PC's are usually doing things for reasons that would never satisfy sane people. So you might as well play a bored immortal stealing prettys from the big lizard just for kicks.

I'm 6 inches tall, have 5 hp, carry weapons that do 1 point only on a crit, and I'm more ancient than the dragon, that whippersnapper....

Ever watch Dr. Who? That character is a fey. At the same time childlike and ancient, always and never with a real plan, wondering though adventures by accident, taking companions that interest him, usually with no effective means of attack or defense other than quick wit and abilities no one knows to expect. He helps people because it is in his nature, but he adventures because if he didn't he would go insane with boredom.

Remove ads