• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

September 2008: What are you reading?

At work I am reading a series lent to me by a friend-

Magic The Gathering: Time Spiral. Just started book 2 Thursday. Not too bad but I get the sense I am missing out by not being a player of the game.

At home I am returning to my comicbook roots. Alan Moore is the author of the month. Rereading LoEG and then I'll be consumed by Watchmen.

I'm reading all Paul S. Kemp's Erevis Cale books back-to-back (currently on Dawn of Night) and listening to The Chronicles of Amber (currently on book 9 - Knight of Shadows).

Wombat

First Post
Just finished a re-read of The Life & Times of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation: Part 1, the Pox Party. Quite a different and intriguing take on the early days of the American Revolution.

Currently starting another re-read of a classic: Robertson Davies' Deptford Trilogy (The Fifth Business, The Manticore, World of Wonders), one of the most fascinating series of books I have ever read in my life.

Croesus

Adventurer
Just finished Marie Brennan's Midnight Never Come, an outstanding Elizabethan fantasy with plenty of mystery and intrigue.

I'm currently reading The Most Noble Adventure by Greg Behrman about the Marshall Plan. Pretty good so far (1/3 of the way).

Next up is The Great Wall by John Man about the Great Wall(s) of China.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Powerful book. I'm now eagerly looking forward to the movie in November.

Currently readking Elak of Atlantis. Fun stuff.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I am about to start [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Reapers-Gale-Seven-Malazan-Fallen/dp/0765316536/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220394350&sr=1-1"]Reaper's Gale, by Steven Erikson[/ame]. Just got it in the mail a couple of hours ago.

Banshee16

First Post
I just finished Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett, and have started Into a Dark Realm by Raymond Feist.

Pillars of the Earth was probably the quickest 1000 page book I've read in a while. I wasn't expecting to like it, but thought it was pretty well done.

Banshee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads