• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SERENITY RPG] Redridge and Beyond

maddmic

Explorer
Victor watch the trio quickly exit the saloon. He looked at them leaving with a slight twinge of regret. 'It's a shame. I kinda wanted to get a little messy tonight. Oh well, there's always tomorrow and if I know Jesse, he's stupid enough to try again.'

With that, he reaches into his vest and pulls out a tightly rolled, small cigar. He lifts it to his nose and runs it underneath, inhaling the aroma. Placing it in his mouth, he pulls out a match and lights it. Cupping his hands over the cigar, an eerie glow eminates from his hands and somke begins to roll from his fingers. Extinguishing the match, he puffs on the cigar and lets the taste roll in his mouth. Blowing the smoke out, he sighs heavily. 'Well if I ain't doin' nothin' else tonight, I'll just sit here and enjoy this smoke.' He leans back in his chair and continues. Once he's done with his cigar, Victor pulls the chair back inside and hobbles to his bed.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Its a few hours before dawn. The nights here are as hot as the days, one of the terraforming quirks that crop up every planet. A bloddied battered person stumbles into Redridge. He is badly wounded, the locals wake up Dr Hitchcock. Soon Cole Davis, the mayor's personal represenative is the house with the injured person.
The injured boy is Wai Ma,a 15 year old boy who helps his family ot the Sukuria Mine. The story goes there was mine accident and there are people trapped in the mines. Everybody is ready to go help save the trapped miners, Davis manages to calm them down and tells them they are getting some people to save the trapped miners.
Doctor Hitchcock is standing at his door leaning against the doorframe holding a bullet he removed from the boy wondering were this is going.

Gordon, there is a knock on you door. Cole Davis is at the door.
"Gordo, I need you to go wake up that Gren fella and that Demetrie guy. And if she don't hit ya, get Esther to. Bring them to the North Star. I gots a job for them. It should be right up thier ally."

John Ford there is also a knock on you door. Its one of the mayors minions.
"Sorry to be wakin you preacher sir but Ainsworth is requesting your attendence at the North Star Saloon. There has been an accident at the big mine and there may be wounded and some machinery may need fixin. He also told me that he has a special request of you to."

Dr Hitchcock, Cole Davis asks you "Get you bag and whatever medicines you might be needing. I fear there may be more bloodshed before this day is over. I will get you someone to help you out getting around and what not. I am asking Esther to come along but she may be a little occupied to help you if this leads where I think its going to be leadin."

Sebastian thier is a rapping on your door as well. You don't really reconize the man but think he one of the mayors men.
"Begging your pardon good sir." He strain his neck trying to look into your room to see if he can see anybody. "Mayor Ainsworth is requesting your assistance in small matter. It shouldn't mess up any of your fancy clothes or your fine boots. Ainsworth is saying this would be a mutual benefit to you both. Don't be late, we are meeting in the North Star Saloon."

Some Info: The Sukuria Mine is probably the largest strike in Redridge. About 6 families have pooled there resources to bring in some old mining equipment. They share in the work and the reward. They give Ainsworth his 5% and he is happy to let them work.

(Sorry for the late entry, darn work getting in the way of my Serenity game.)

maddmic

Explorer
Victor rolled the bullet in his hand. He was curious as to what type of an accident at a mine would involve bullets. He went back tot he boy and looked him over one last time. He seemed to be sleeping peacefully now. He moved to his desk and placed his bag on it. The doctor began filling his bag with the necesary supplies that he though he'd need.

As he zipped up the bag, he reached into the desk drawer and pulled out his pistol. He pulled it out of it's holster and chambered a round. He returned the gun to it's holster and then strapped it on. He then donned his coat and hat. Grabbing his bag, he hobbled to the door. Looking up at the sky, he sighed. "Oh, this is gonna to be a very hot and messy day." Popping a pill into his mouth, he made his way towards the North Star.

OOC:
I'd like for the doc to study the kid's wounds as he fixes him up. Is there only one bullet wound? If so, what do the rest of the wounds look like?

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
maddmic said:
OOC:
I'd like for the doc to study the kid's wounds as he fixes him up. Is there only one bullet wound? If so, what do the rest of the wounds look like?

He was shot in the back. By the wound it looks like a pistol, probably at a fair distant. If it were a rifle he would be dead. It also looks like he was punched a few times as well. You would guess about 5 hours ago. Its not unheard for the miners to spend the night at the mine. You also deduce (nice roll 14, int+deduction) that he probably ran along the shore of the river to hide from anybody chasing him from the wounds on his legs, feet and hands.

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
Knowing this would the boy have responded to any questions? Victor would have asked, but not pressed. (If he was concious.)If so, I can post some questions he would've asked.

Pylar

First Post
The span of steel ran a solid yard from his clenched fist.. CLANG..CLANG.. The two blades locked and disengaged several times in a matter of seconds. Parry..Parry..Reposte.. CLANG..CLANG faster the two combatants wheeled around both maneuvering for that fatal chance to strike.
"If only he'd just over extend..just a bit" Thoughts echoing through Sebastian's head almost working independently from his hand controlling the blade

CLANG..CLANK...KNOCK.

"Knock? What kind of sword..."

*KNOCK..KNOCK...KNOCK*

His eyes flash open, and he is surrounded by darkness, eyes taking a moment to adjust lack of light..

*KNOCK..KNOCK...KNOCK*

Sebastian slowly rolls out of bed, pulling the sheet with him and wraping it around his waist.

"DUNG EE-MIAO!!!"

He makes his way to the door and peers out seeing a man outside.

"Begging your pardon good sir..Mayor Ainsworth is..." His words kinda fade as Sebastian tries to wake up. Too much wine last night and a knock at the Chiang-BAO HOE-tze duh crack of dawn not a good combination.

"...we are meeting at the North Star Saloon"

Sebastian nods, picking up the gists of the conversation, while trying his best to stiffle a yawn.

"Ok..ok...stop yelling good man. Give me a moment to make myself decent and I'll meet you all at the saloon"

He pushes the door closed and shuffles back to his room..falling to the bed for just a moment as he wipes the sleep from his eyes.

"This is going to be a long day"...

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
maddmic said:
OOC:
Knowing this would the boy have responded to any questions? Victor would have asked, but not pressed. (If he was concious.)If so, I can post some questions he would've asked.

OOC: The boy was passed out when he got to your house. In a few hours, around dinner time he should be strong enough to speak.

Just_Hal

First Post
Dagger75 said:
Gordon, there is a knock on you door. Cole Davis is at the door.
"Gordo, I need you to go wake up that Gren fella and that Demetrie guy. And if she don't hit ya, get Esther to. Bring them to the North Star. I gots a job for them. It should be right up thier ally."

Gren:
*hears knocking*
"Wha?"
Gordon explains the job
"Be there in 5 minutes, 4 if ya lay off and let me get dressed"
"Sorry feelin' a bite of the whiskey from last night, be right there."
*heads over to the "North Star"*

John sighs audibly after hearing about his summons to the North Star. What did Ainsworth have up his sleeve this time? And an accident at a mine? Great. More wounded, just what this backwater town needed. And wounded often lead to dead, which would mean last rites, burials, and whatnot. "I'm gettin' too old for this stuff," he grumbles but grabs his hat and coat and pulls them both on. He also snatches his stun baton from his rickety dresser and tucks it in the back of his waistband.

"Lead the way, son."

Evil Ujio

First Post
The scene cuts to a slender Asian woman punching and kicking a makeshift bag out behind a makeshift shelter of sorts. She wears loose fitting pants and a black tank top, fully intent on getting her aggression out on the inanimate object.

Esther takes a break after nearly two hours of working out and sits down for a spell to grab a drink… if anyone comes looking for her, they find her taking a seat with a jug of water in her lap.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads