• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Serious Changes to WotC

Yuan-Ti

First Post
Shadowdancer said:
This just doesn't sound right. The part about the Renton police department filing a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the guy. A police department can't file a lawsuit like that. That's what happens in civil suits, and police departments are responsible for criminal cases.

The police could file charges against him claiming he stole millions of dollars, but they wouldn't file a lawsuit against him. Actually, the police department probably wouldn't be the ones to file charges against him. The district attorney's office would probably do that. The police would just arrest him on the charges.

Until there's more solid confirmation of all this, I'd remain skeptical.

Yeah... I would call this a rumor in development. Some of these details are sheer nonsense. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that the details are confused at the moment.

Re: What's the worst that could happen?

estevans_lackey said:
Worst case senario. WotC goes under and we still have many top-shelf companies out there that will release top-shelf material.

Everything'll be fine. ;)

Besides, if WotC goes under, somebody else will buy the rights to D&D and keep putting out the core rules.

Hmm. Maybe somebody like Sword & Sorcery, since they're the biggest D20 publisher out there.

Hmm. I do some work for S&S.

Maybe this is the best case scenario. :D

(Just kidding, WotC! Really! I wuv you!) ;)

Remove ads