Pathfinder 1E [SF Bay Area, CA] Seeking 1 -2 Players for Pathfinder AP

kitsune9

Adventurer
Hello all,

Hello, I am looking for up to two players for a Pathfinder game and for playing a Pathfinder Adventure Path called The Carrion Crown. The game is in Redwood City (up in the hills) on Saturday 12:30 - 8:30 p.m. We play every once every two weeks or three weeks depending upon holidays and schedules. We have a break for dinner in between.

I do however have a few rules to go over before you express interest in joining. The reason why is so that you won't have any illusions as to what expectations are for the game. How many of you have gone to a game to play with people who didn't fit into your style or just different personalities and the game self-destructs? By reading this rules, you'll have an idea of what we're about.

1. The game we will be playing is Pathfinder. I have no plans on running on any other systems at this time, nor will I consider homebrew systems.
2. If you find Pathfinder too cumbersome or don’t want to play with all its options or want to play “Pathfinder Lite”, this game may not be for you. My players are very much into utilizing as much of the rules and supplements as possible. If that play style annoys you, you probably won’t have fun.
3. We will start off playing one or two modules set in Golarion as one of my players recuperates from some health-related issues. After he joins back in, we’ll be playing the Carrion Crown Adventure Path from Pathfinder. It is an AP that will mix gothic horror with fantasy (along the same lines as Ravenloft) and is set in the Paizo’s campaign setting of Golarion. I will be running a gritty version of the campaign (low point builds, permanent death, etc.). When creating a character, please create something that will enhance the mood and feel of the campaign and do not create something that will detract from it.
4. Like any published Adventure Path, this is more than likely a railroad style campaign. You get a hook that leads to the adventure, you bite and play. If you don’t bite and want to do something completely different, you go home. If you’re into sandbox games or random encounters or just doing your own thing, this campaign will probably not be for you. I will try to add elements for side stories to be explored, but don’t make it your purpose to “go off the map”. I won’t force your character to do things you don’t want to do, but when the NPC comes to you for help and you say, “Pass”, you get left in the tavern while everyone else embarks on the adventure.
5. I am only looking for players for the AP. We are not considering players who want to GM.
6. Most of my players like to play some kind of power gaming characters with a 60/40 mix of combat/roleplaying. Combats are very tactical and I use miniatures and grids, and so on. My players are very team-oriented with everyone wanting to adventure together though motives may bring disagreement occasionally. If you create a character at the table, you do so with the intention of 1) wanting to play heroically in some capacity and 2) want to work with the other characters in achieving the common goal.
7. Boorish behavior will not be tolerated. If you are the type who likes to play Lonewolf, Chaotic Jerks, characters who steal from the party, or any other character that is detrimental to the campaign just to “shake things up” or uses the lame excuse, “I’m playing in character”, you’ve played your last session. I won’t give you warnings or have a sit-down discussion with you to shape up. Seriously, if you like playing these kind of characters, don’t waste your time or everyone else’s by responding to this ad.

If you’re interested, drop me a line at yong_kyosunim (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. I will schedule an interview with you to get a feel for your play style and gaming history. I am hoping to schedule our first session by the end of this month.

Thanks and happy gaming!

kitsune9

Adventurer
Thanks to all who sent emails. We've chosen our two players. For those who couldn't join us, good luck with your searches.

Moderator, please close this thead. Thanks!

Remove ads