SG-U - I don't remember it being this awesome!

Hey All,

Continuing my trip through my SF TV collection - StarGate Universe. What an excellent show! I really enjoyed re-watching the 1st season especially the last few episodes but man, season 2 picks right up with some of the strongest stories that I have ever seen in SF.

What might have been.... the last couple of episodes rock! Was there ever any novels written? This is a milieu that begs for more stories...every single character's humanity for good or for ill drives their actions..you care about them all.

Even the Lucian Alliance bad guy's redemption is believable and welcome. The special effects are top notch, gritty and some of the best the genre has to offer. The tragedies when they come hurt.

Very very cool!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I was a fan. It definitely had some weak episodes, but the good ones were as good as any in the franchise.

Orius

Legend
I'd never call it awesome. It was okay, but it dragged its feet with too many unresolved problems for too long. Nor did it help that it was noticeably darker than the rest of the franchise.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
SGU is far the darkest of the SG series, that said, I really liked it, though I liked all of the SG series. SGU towards the end became a little weak, with the drone stuff, except it is reboot-able as they all went into stasis. SGU also had the strongest story and character arcs of the franchise in general.

Remove ads