Shackled City - Ch. 1: Life's Bazaar

derbacher

Explorer
Thardin steps diagonally to the right, then forward, bringing him into contact with thug #2. Attacking for subdual damage.

attack roll: 24 -4 for subdual damage, for a total of 20.

damage=5

Thardin clouts the thug over the head, saying "May Pelor's wisdom enlighten you, churl."

themind

Explorer
Code:
[b]Round 1[/b]

X| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6|X
---------------------
A|  |  |  |  |  |  |A
B|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|B
C|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|C
D|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|D
E|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|E
F|xx|xx|  |[color=red]t3[/color]|xx|xx|F
G|xx|xx|[color=red]t1[/color]| [color=blue]C[/color]|xx|xx|G
H|xx|xx| [color=blue]H[/color]|[color=red]t2[/color]|xx|xx|H
I|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|I
J|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|J
K|xx|xx| [color=blue]T[/color]|  |xx|xx|K
L|xx|xx| [color=blue]B[/color]|  |xx|xx|L
M|xx|xx| [color=blue]S[/color]| [color=blue]I[/color]|xx|xx|M
N|  |  |  | [color=blue]A[/color]|  |  |N
---------------------
X| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6|X

[color=red]t#-Thug[/color]
[color=blue]C-Cleric
A-Adar (Nightcloak)
I-Ivellios (Rapida)
S-Sym (Catavarie)
B-Blutok (Blastin)
H-Heimdal (BoD)
T-Thardin (debarcher)[/color]

[b][u]-NAME-        -INIT-    -HP-[/u][/b]
[color=blue]Heimdal(H)      23    [b]13/13[/b]
Sym(S)          21    [b] 7/ 7[/b]
Ivellios(I)     18    [b]10/10[/b][/color]
[color=red]Thugs(t#)       16    [b]??/??[/b][/color]
[color=blue]Cleric(C)       13    [b]??/??[/b]
Adar(A)          5    [b] 5/ 5[/b]
Blutok(B)        3    [b] 9/ 9[/b]
Thardin(T)       1    [b]12/12[/b]
[/color]

Heimdal charges at the closest Thug, surprising him a little. Unfortunately, he didn't take into account the slippery cobblestones and stumbles as he reaches the thug, making his swing wild.

Sym stands amongst the strangers that have joined him, hoping they won't turn on him.

Ivellios fires off an arrow at the far Thug, but his shot is off its mark.

The two thugs that were assaulting the Cleric, drop their saps and quickly draw short swords. They move to almost surrond Hiemdal and attack him. Fortunately, they both swing wide of their mark. The thrird thug also draws a short sword and moves to aid her comrades.

The Cleric begins an incantation, trying not to draw attention to himself from his attackers, putting his hand over his chest, a soft blue light emenates from his hand, and his wounds begin to heal.

Adar from his spot in the back, begins to speak in the language of magic and a bolt of light shoots from his had hitting the closest Thug (t2) for 3 points of damage.

Blutok also begins an incatation as soft light bursts out from, enveloping the other strangers that came to help the Cleric, each of them felt blessed.

Thardin moves up to help the stranger now being surrounded by the Thugs. He swings his blade, and with the flat of his blade he smacks the Thug for 5 points of nonlethal damage.

OOC: Just so you know, at the moment, the Cleric is still on the ground, and has no weapon out, so he is not flanking at the moment.

themind

Explorer
Code:
[b]Round 1[/b]

X| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6|X
---------------------
A|  |  |  |  |  |  |A
B|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|B
C|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|C
D|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|D
E|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|E
F|xx|xx|  |[color=red]t3[/color]|xx|xx|F
G|xx|xx|[color=red]t1[/color]| [color=blue]C[/color]|xx|xx|G
H|xx|xx| [color=blue]H[/color]|[color=red]t2[/color]|xx|xx|H
I|xx|xx|  | [color=blue]T[/color]|xx|xx|I
J|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|J
K|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|K
M|xx|xx| [color=blue]S[/color]| [color=blue]I[/color]|xx|xx|M
---------------------
X| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6|X

[color=blue]C-Cleric
A-Adar (Nightcloak)
I-Ivellios (Rapida)
S-Sym (Catavarie)
B-Blutok (Blastin)
H-Heimdal (BoD)

[/color]

Heimdal charges at the closest Thug, surprising him a little. Unfortunately, he didn't take into account the slippery cobblestones and stumbles as he reaches the thug, making his swing wild.

Sym stands amongst the strangers that have joined him, hoping they won't turn on him.

Ivellios fires off an arrow at the far Thug, but his shot is off its mark.

The two thugs that were assaulting the Cleric, drop their saps and quickly draw short swords. They move to almost surrond Hiemdal and attack him. Fortunately, they both swing wide of their mark. The thrird thug also draws a short sword and moves to aid her comrades.

The Cleric begins an incantation, trying not to draw attention to himself from his attackers, putting his hand over his chest, a soft blue light emenates from his hand, and his wounds begin to heal.

Adar from his spot in the back, begins to speak in the language of magic and a bolt of light shoots from his had hitting the closest Thug (t2) for 3 points of damage.

Blutok also begins an incatation as soft light bursts out from, enveloping the other strangers that came to help the Cleric, each of them felt blessed.

Thardin moves up to help the stranger now being surrounded by the Thugs. He swings his blade, and with the flat of his blade he smacks the Thug for 5 points of nonlethal damage.

OOC: Just so you know, at the moment, the Cleric is still on the ground, and has no weapon out, so he is not flanking at the moment.

End of Round 1

Catavarie

First Post
Sym ponders his position debating over where he might be able to reap the bigger benefit

themind

[sblock] If the building is not too large I want to back out of hte alley and run around the building and use my hide & move silent skills to sneak up behind the thugs and perform a sneak attack on thug 3

I have a speed of 30
I got a hide check of 12 and a move silently check of 22

If the building is too large to run around within a couple of rounds then I want to move to striking distance of thug 2 and attack with my short sword

Rolled a 16 to hit, 1 for damage, 1 for sneak Attack Damage if applicable

Side note: Damn my rolls suck today :D

[/sblock]

themind

Explorer
Code:
[b]Round 2[/b]

X| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6|X
---------------------
A|  |  |  |  |  |  |A
B|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|B
C|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|C
D|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|D
E|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|E
F|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|F
G|xx|xx|[color=red]t3[/color]| [color=blue]C[/color]|xx|xx|G
H|xx|xx| [color=blue]H[/color]|[color=red]t1[/color]|xx|xx|H
I|xx|xx| [color=blue]S[/color]| [color=blue]T[/color]|xx|xx|I
J|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|J
K|xx|xx|  |  |xx|xx|K
M|xx|xx|  | [color=blue]I[/color]|xx|xx|M
---------------------
X| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6|X

[color=blue]C-Cleric
A-Adar (Nightcloak)
I-Ivellios (Rapida)
S-Sym (Catavarie)
B-Blutok (Blastin)
H-Heimdal (BoD)

[/color]

Heimdal gets his balance again and strikes Thug1, making a big gash across the Thugs chest for 10 points of damage.

Sym moved to help with the Thugs, striking out at Thug2 only scratching his arm for 1 point of damage though.

Ivellios looses another arrow, shooting past Thardin nailing Thug2 for 6 points of damage, knocking him out cold from the pain.

The remaingin Thugs move to take on the two interlopers and swing their swords at them, Thug1 moves to attack Thardin, and Thug3 moves to attack Heimdal. Thug1 plunges his blade deep into an unexpecting Thardin, dealing a critical hit for 10 points of damage. Thug3 swung his blade wide, missing the merc.

The Cleric attempts to stand up but both Thugs swipe at him as they see an oppurtuniyt to strike, but they both miss. The Cleric then draws his Heavy Mace so that he may help his saviors.

Adar?

Nightcloak

First Post
Adar

Crap. No useful spells left for these mooks...

Adar holds his possition and fights defensively (-4 to attack, +2 to AC) and will ready an action to attack the first thug that steps into a square he threatens. If possible, he will also keep an eye out for interlopers from the street.

Blastin

First Post
Friar Blutok, seeing his comrad injured, steps up behind Thardin and converts his cause fear spell into a cure light wounds, healing him for 8 points.
"That was an impressive blow you took my friend. Let's make sure you stay in the battle."
[sblock]http://www.nadaka.us/DiceBoxDB.asp?Page=Find&By=Number&Value=7561[/sblock]

Remove ads