• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - Chapter I

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven smiles at Zeric's gesture. But as soon as he turns his attention back the thugs, she again slips up her hood to conceal her face.

Dhes

Explorer
Not all to interested in the words of the holly man, Elyas takes his book and pen out of his back pack and start to make some note’s and sketches about the interior of the building.

hippocrachus said:
Orpheus lets his appointed thug sit himself on the ground while he holds his side and admires the architecture.
"Humans never could master the art..." he says to the room in general, his head inclined, and eyes critical.

“Come on its not that bad. Through, if seen better, but its still nice, not as gaudy as some of the churches and chapels I’ve seen.”

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Kiyoshi sits silently, half-listening to Zeric's questioning of the thugs, half-watching Raven conceal her face again. After a moment he pours himself a cup of tea, and sips it slowly.

I do hope not every day in this city will be quite so... exciting. He smiles slightly. But these seem to be good people. And none died, so I have done my part.

"Ask him about the figure who escaped over the rooftops. They seemed to lead the attack." He suggests to Zeric. "Would anyone else like some tea?"

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus looks at Elyas with a glint of elitism in his eyes.
"Dwarves know architecture," he states simply. There is no possible argument.
When Kiyoshi offers the company tea, he accepts graciously.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis shrugged, still smiling as she sits down, feigning total unconcern as takes out her longbow, unstringing it and examining it for any imperfections, taking care of it as she has been taught. "In my land, the followers of Saint Cuthbert do not have a strong following, though there are a few churches here and there. Mostly, we follow either nature gods or the Seldarine," she offered, trying to relieve the boredom of waiting somewhat.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
"And what deity do you follow, beautiful Alinis?" the equally bored bard asks.
He un-shoulders his lyre and begins to play a short tune, more to keep his mind off of his wound then to entertain those around him.

kirinke

First Post
"Ehlonna, goddess of the forests." Alinis smiled briefly, almost as if she was remembering a fond memory. "She is very popular where I come from," She gets up, places the bow in it's wrappings and goes in the direction of the hot tea, helping herself to some. Then she returns to her seat by the fire-place, the priests keep going, wrapping the blanket she had taken from the wardrobe around herself.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
"Mayhap the wee ones excite us, lapdog," one of the thugs responds, sneering at Zeric, getting a dirty chuckle from his companions. "We'll tell you nothing of our own free will 'cept that we are off duty city guard. That much the priestess will know herself and can tell ya from lookin' at us. We'll already be in enough trouble with them as it is... our "other" employers would not take as kindly to us offering up their names freely," the man scoffs, then spits at Zeric's boots and does not say another word.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Alinis looks at the thugs, eyes darkening. "Perhaps instead of shooting an ear, I should have aimed a bit lower and to the center?" she asked, her voice as brittle and cold as only an elf can make it.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus raises an eyebrow at Alinis' ability to speak of her goddess with so little grandeur.
He clears his throat in an annoyed manner at the thug's comment.
"Just take his tongue," he adds to the pool of threats.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads