"Shades of Gray" restored

Keith Done

First Post
Hi,

For anyone who experienced problems downloading the free "Shades of Gray" d20 adventure (mentioned so kindly in the Enworld News), there was a site problem last night that has since been fixed.

Our apologies for any difficulty that you may have had.

Regards,

Keith

bondetamp

First Post
ok, I've downloaded it, but I haven't read it.

The maps are beautiful. I'm sure some people would complain about the lack of grids, but it should be easy for people to fix. There is no copy protection (and bless you muchly for not putting in a useless copyprotection that would hinder people from using the product to its fullest while not hindering people from taking illegal copies!:)) so the maps should be easy to export to ones favourite paint program. Or to print it out on grid paper or whatever. It's not exactly rocket science.

The layout seems functional and thank you very much for putting in bookmarks. I have no idea what so ever why some companies choose not to do this, as it is an easy way to make the product more accessible.

The images seems useful, but I'm not much of a fan of 3D graphics. It is a matter of taste, though, and they were quite nice. :)

For some reason the .pdf was very slow. I don't know if it is because of the pictures, the background image or if you simply haven't tweaked enough. But it took 4-5 seconds for me to change the page! This is really a pain as I need to scroll the page a bit to read both columns. If it is the fraficks, then you might want to consider how important they are, as such performance is clearly unacceptable. (And, yes, my machine is showing its age now, but its not that slow!)

So, without having actually read the adventure, I like several things about this product. It looks good and for all I know there is a wonderfull adventure there. I'll probably never know, though, as I can't read it on my machine. :(

Remove ads