• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadow Blend ability

Palskane

First Post
I am going to allow a template to be applied to the rogue in my game. It will have an ability based on the Shadow Blend ability of shadow creatures.

Basically, the ability allows the creature to blend into the shadows and gain concealment. I am going to limit the rogue to 20% concealment when he first gets the ability and scale it upwards as he gains levels.

My question is this: even at the base 20% concealment that I am going to allow, will this let the rogue apply SA damage to each attack?

I don't have a problem with it if it does, but I want to make sure I adjudicate it properly.

Thanks!

Krafen

First Post
Well, there is pretty much just Concealment and Total Concealment. Do you mean the Rogue will have Concealment for a 20% miss chance?

Concealment would allow the Rogue to make a Hide check, if successful, he could sneak attack.

Total Concealment would grant sneak attacks automatically.

Palskane

First Post
Attacks against him will have the 20% miss chance. And though there is basically regular and total concealment, there are varying degrees of concealment that provide other miss chance percentages.

But you did answer my question, or at least provide what I was looking for. A successful Hide check will allow SA.

And yes, Total Concealment would provide SA automatically, but that won't be for quite some levels.

Remove ads