• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadow power source in MotP

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Maybe for psionics they'll go old-school and pull out "discipline" or "devotion" or "science."

Less of a mouthful than "manifestation," at any rate.

Shroomy

Adventurer
So, Shadow Powers are called "Powers". Kinda unimpressive, I was thinking "Mysteries" from 3.5's Tome of Magic. Still, I'm looking forward to Shadow Classes, after Psionics, it's the power source I most want to see.

I checked the Umbriri PP in the FRPG (the first instance of powers with the Shadow Keyword) and their powers are referred to as "Powers" instead of "Spells" (like the other swordmage PPs).

IMO, Powers is probably the final word. According to the PHB, WoTC has already established the eight power sources; my guess is that they've already picked all the names for the powers too.

Vael

Legend
Maybe for psionics they'll go old-school and pull out "discipline" or "devotion" or "science."

Less of a mouthful than "manifestation," at any rate.

I'm hoping for "Talents". Dunno, seems a good fit to me.

I imagine we'll see some Shadow and Psionic playtests sometime over the coming year.

RefinedBean

First Post
Psionic powers will be known as Mind Bullets. I have this on good authority.

Shadow powers...I dunno, I like the sound of Mysteries, but it's a bit of a mouthful. Hrm. Fades? Shapes? Costs, since you might have to make deals with the devil, so to speak? Nah, that's stupid.

No wonder people get paid for this. :)

inkmonkeys

First Post
I think it's more likely they haven't decided on a final name yet, and didn't want to create a precedent that would need errata later on.

We pushed to pick a name for them before any shadow powers were published, but in the end iwe need the name to feel right with each of the shadow classes. Once we have those closer to final, we'll be able to finalize the name for shadow powers.

We pushed to pick a name for them before any shadow powers were published, but in the end iwe need the name to feel right with each of the shadow classes. Once we have those closer to final, we'll be able to finalize the name for shadow powers.

could you give us an idea how close that is...

GET THE THUMB SCREWS AND WATER BOARDS...HE KNOWS SOMETHING...;)

TheWyrd

First Post
I'm for Psionics being called Disciplines. Ki should hopefully pull on the Chakra stuff that Psionics and Incarna flirted with.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads