• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

shadow walk as rogue?

Ryujin

Legend
If you do this via the multi-classing route, then eventually doing a power swap feat for a specific Warlock power would be well in keeping with the "mystical ninja" type of character. "Mire the Mind", at 7th level, makes you and all of your allies effectively invisible to the target. Sure, there are Rogue powers that are mechanically better from a damage standpoint, but that's just cool :)

Fersus

First Post
that´s always an option (und you´re right, its a cool one :) ), because the MC Warlock is always part of the combo, so if i´ve enough feats left, taking the mire the mind power can always be achieved :)

Ryujin

Legend
that´s always an option (und you´re right, its a cool one :) ), because the MC Warlock is always part of the combo, so if i´ve enough feats left, taking the mire the mind power can always be achieved :)

And because you're multi-classed, rather than a Hybrid, backstab can be used on Warlock powers and Curse can be used on Rogue powers :D

mudlock

First Post
the gloaming cut power, which (given int 16) lets me shift 3 squares, which triggers the shadow walk, which gives me concealment, which is enough to let me make a stealth check to become hidden

Are you sure that works? I believe stealth checks can only be made at the end of a move action, and I presume gloaming cut is a standard.

Fersus

First Post
and even if it wouldn´t work normally with a standard action, the effect of gloaming cut explicitly says "you shift a number of squares equal to your int-modifier and you can make a stealth check to become hidden". so no problem there

nookleer

First Post
I believe you can only stealth at the end of a move action, specifically, unless a power explicitly states otherwise...

Also keep this in mind.. you can only stealth if you have GREATER concealment.. not just concealment.. they have to not be seeing you at all.

Droogie128

First Post
I believe you can only stealth at the end of a move action, specifically, unless a power explicitly states otherwise...

Also keep this in mind.. you can only stealth if you have GREATER concealment.. not just concealment.. they have to not be seeing you at all.

First, major thread necro. Second, you only need total concealment to make the initial stealth check. After that, regular cover and/or concealment will allow you to remain hidden.

You can stealth as a part of any movement. It just says that it's usually at the end of a move action. To quote specifically:

The check is usually at the end of a move action, but it can be at the end of any of the creature's actions that involve moving.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads