Shadowrun Sixth World Core Rulebook Released - Pre-Orders for Print Open

The core rulebook for the 6th Edition has been officially released in PDF on DriveThruRPG. Available in PDF format for $19.99, the Shadowrun Sixth World Core Rulebook has been updated from the limited print release at Gen Con with the full ten-page errata.

The core rulebook for the 6th Edition has been officially released in PDF on DriveThruRPG. Available in PDF format for $19.99, the Shadowrun Sixth World Core Rulebook has been updated from the limited print release at Gen Con with the full ten-page errata.

SR6-Core-Ltd.png

Pre-orders for the print version also opened on the Catalyst Game Labs store, all of which include the PDF when ordered through their store. The hardback core rulebook is available for $49.99, a Limited Edition for $99.99 (the one with the silhouette of an Elf street samurai), and an Executive Edition (with the silhouette of the skull logo) for $199.99. No release date has been announced for any of the print versions, but they arrive in stores typically it is 3-6 weeks after the PDF release depending on printing/shipping delays. While the PDF does have the errata released a few weeks ago, the print copies will not as they were part of the same print run as the Gen Con books.

LE_1024x1024.png
EE_1024x1024.png

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

barasawa

Explorer
If you're talking about the 6e print run, it's not uncommon for publishers to do a special print run (either offset or sometimes even POD) just for conventions, particularly the big ones like Origins and Gen Con, with more local/faster printers who are cost-prohibitive for a full mass-market print run if they don't think the larger print run will be in time. Get a couple hundred books for the convention, print your 10,000 copy print run overseas.

Since they haven't announced a release date for the print version of 6e and delayed the PDF release until this week, it was a fair assumption that they wanted the errata in the final print run. It turns out this was not the case.

Nope. Back in the late 80s, 1st Printing, 1st Edition, FASA. We ordered it in the shops Preorders for new products coming out soon. A lot of gamers around here thought the idea of mixing magic with sci-fi, especially cyberpunk, was strange. I'm one of those old schoolers that remember back when a lot of fantasy games had sci-fi components before that silly idea that you can't mix the two got traction in the stuff. (Might & Magic on the computer for example, or Expedition to the Barrier Peaks for D&D, not to mention some older and more obscure stuff as well.)

So, obviously I'm not talking about a book that hasn't been printed yet as I did state it was decades ago and that book was used so much it completely wore out and fell apart.

Well, either way, you apparently don't know what I'm talking about, and I don't know how else to explain it any better. Not that it matters, but I remember that the color plates were a different type of paper from the rest of the pages. Also it was the first time I'd gotten a game book with those in it before. I know mine wasn't some kind of strange oddball since all the ones the store got in were the same.

Abstruse

Legend
Nope. Back in the late 80s, 1st Printing,
I own the Shadowrun 1st Edition 1st Printing Core Rulebook. The only color plates are the archetypes and the critters. The artwork color plates were in the 2nd Edition core rulebook and featured mostly cover and splash art from 1st Ed sourcebooks and adventures.

obeytheFist

Villager
I read (somewhere on the Catalyst site) that the print release was supposed to be August 15th. Which is also the date I get when I type "Shadowrun 6th edition release date" into Google. Obviously this isn't the actual release date, otherwise I would be reading my shiny new book as opposed to typing on an online forum. But it was a source of confusion when I was looking to buy the book at my FLGS.

This doesn't speak well of the companies reliability if they can't even get their story straight about when they're releasing the book.

Abstruse

Legend
I read (somewhere on the Catalyst site) that the print release was supposed to be August 15th. Which is also the date I get when I type "Shadowrun 6th edition release date" into Google. Obviously this isn't the actual release date, otherwise I would be reading my shiny new book as opposed to typing on an online forum. But it was a source of confusion when I was looking to buy the book at my FLGS.

This doesn't speak well of the companies reliability if they can't even get their story straight about when they're releasing the book.
CGL never gave a firm date for the actual release (trust me, I bugged them about it a few times). I can't remember where the August 15 date came from, but I think it was from an online forum (possibly Reddit) and not from Catalyst Game Labs themselves. My best research points to it being one of those situations where someone posts the date, then someone else posts it citing them as the source, then someone else cites them, then someone else cites them, and so on until it's next to impossible to find the first person who said it as it spreads out until people just take it as fact because they saw it in two or three different places and assume it must have been an official announcement.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads