Shadows of the Past

Kaodi

Hero
Kildrak bids Agnar farewell, and decides to take the older dwarf up on his advice. He might as well get some food in him, and see about getting a place to stay for a few days, because the search for the Axe of the Ancestor Lords begins here in Fallcrest.

The dwarven ranger walks towards the tavern, making the attempt to not be too gruff if approached by any of the excited children, though he keeps a good eye on his possessions. He shakes some of the dirt and mud from his boots before pushing the door open and heading inside.

He glances around once he has gone in, and heads towards the bar counter. " I am told that you serve good food, and have some rooms, " he says in his thickly accented Common to whoever is tending the place.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The girl behind the counter looks a bit surpriced but gathers herself quickly. "Certainly master dwarf, we have porridge, sausages and bread for breakfast today." She yels to the kitchen: "Ma! Breakfast for a customer!"

"It'll take some time. I can show you a room in the meantime."

She takes you upstairs and unlocks a door to small room with a bed and table. Handing the key to you she gives a slight curtsey. "You can store your stuff here while you're staying with us. Would you like me to bring the food for you here or do you want to eat in the commonroom?"

[sblock=OOC]I'm going to handwave living costs for now. They aren't so costly and adventurers can always scrape a few coins to get some food and ale :D.

On another news. There will be a small hiatus with the game. I'd guess a week or so. Fallout 3 comes tomorrow and I propably won't be patient enough to keep up with my notes etc... ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" The common room is fine with me, " says the dwarf as he unslings his pack and places it at the end of the bed. After they move out of the room and he locks the door, Kildrak follows the girl back down and finds himself a place at one of the tables.

While he waits, he takes a good look at the folks who are around; they are probably taking a good look at him too, unless they are the really unflappable sort. Once he has gotten some good food in him, it will be time to start exploring the town in search of folks who might know something about where he should be heading...

Blackrat

The few people around the room are indeed curious of the lone dwarf, but it subsides soon as everyone turns back to whatever they were doing, eating, talking with eachother and such. It won't take long until a woman comes from the kitchen with a tray. She seems very surpriced to see you and as she lays the tray infront of you she apologices. "Oh, me girl didn't say anything about a dwarf." She takes the ale-mug from the tray. "Just a second, I'll go get the good stuff."

She comes soon back with a new mug and you are pleasantly surpriced to notices that it's filled with proper dwarven stout.

While eating you contemplate your course of action. The only clue that was found in the temple archives was the name "Baler's Forge", which was an outpost in the bygone days. The location though was already lost...

Kaodi

Hero
Kildrak thanks the woman and the girl and digs into his food eagerly. He is suitably impressed that these surface folks have had the courtesy to find him some good dwarven brew and resolves to leave a few coins extra in thanks.

Looking around, he asks of the crowd, " I do not suppose that anyone among you might know of someone who is being an authority on historical matters and old ruins in this area? "

Blackrat

One of the peasants turns to you. "I s'pose that ol' Wulff would be yer best chance. 'E fancies himself a scholar. Lives by the northwall in the big stone house. You can't miss it."

Kaodi

Hero
Kildrak thanks the man and takes some time to finish his meal before leaving to visit this Wulff fellow. No sense in rushing things right out of the gate, for this quest could take the rest of his lifetime. The dwarven ranger gives a silent prayer to Moradin that he is not away so long that he can no longer recognize the condition of his home when he returns.

Blackrat

[sblock=OOC]It is strange... But this is where I have come to. I dont like 4e. Not at all. Infact I have come to despise it.

AS A DM

As a player however, I LOVE it. It's so much more fun to play.

But I hate DM'ing 4e. So, as much I hate doing this, I have to say Bye Bye to this game.

If you want, I'd love to resurrect the eberron game however ;)[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
( No, that is fine. I was considering throwing in the towel myself, becaue of the time between updates. I think I am done with PbP for a while, since it seems to be staying 3e and I also like to play 4e. That, and I could do without the need to come and check the boards all the time. Thanks for what gaming we did do. )

Remove ads