Shadows of the Past

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Blasted critters! Agnar yels and shoots at one with his crossbow, but missing barely. The animals all pounce at the closest target, one biting you in the arm. Luckily your lizardskin-gauntlets take most of the force.

OOC: It'll be your turn. You take 2 damage.
Init order:
Agnar
Dogs?
You
Other Dwarves

Kaodi

Hero
A battle cry boils up from within Kildrak as he pulls his battleaxe and warhammer from his belt. He drives right into the middle of the fray, paying little heed to the gnashing jaws of the fell beats, and unleashes a flurry of blows from his twin weapons.

( Uses minor action and action point to draw both weapons, move action to position himself where he will be adjacent to the most critters (at least three, otherwise he will use twin strike), though he will take no more than two opportunity attacks, unless he can get in five or more, in which case he may take one or two more, and then he unleashes Dire Wolverine Strike. I will roll a half-dozen attacks, use however many are needed. )

Attacks vs. AC: 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=22

Damage: 1d10+5=15

Blackrat

(Guess I should've made a map :), but yeah, you can easily get three at least. I'll do a map and update later ;))

Blackrat

(ooc: My mapmaking skills horrify me so I decided to do an ASCII map. Hopefully there's something you can gather from it ;))

The three dogs that attacked you are about to get taste of your revenge. Your hammer smashes on to one's skull, shattering it with a sickly crack. Axe coming fast from other side cleaves the head off of another, but the last dog manages to pull itself out of harm's way.

Your friends are faring well too. Two of them manage to take a dog down each. And Agnar nails one to ground with a bolt from his crossbow.

Unfortunatily the last dog gets a bite out of you too, and to your surprice a shadowy mist surrounds it, making it harder to see.

[sblock=ooc]
I gave you wrong damage last round. You took 4, and now you take 4 more so that's 8 so far.
the map. I'll mark dead foes with red.
@=you
D=Dwarf
d=dog
W=wagon
L=lizard pulling the wagon[/sblock]
Code:
 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
A...........--.............
B............--............
C............--............
D........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]...LL-...........
E........d@..DW.[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]..........
F........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]..-WW.Dd.........
G..........--..............
H........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]D.-LL..d.........
I........dd..WW.Dd.........
J............WW.[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]d.........
K............--............
L.............--...........
M..............--..........
N...............--.........
O................--........

Kaodi

Hero
Glancing towards his fellow dwarves, Kildrak sees that two of them are hard pressed by multiple beasts, so he ignores the one that remains standing next to him and moves to relieve one of his fellows.

Stepping over the body of one of the dead hounds, the dwarf warrior swings his paired weapons at two of the dogs, hoping to fell them quickly so he can relieve his other companion.

( Moves to Hi and uses Twin Strike, one attack on each hound. )

Attack vs. AC: 1d20+5=8, 1d20+2=4, 1d20+5=20, 1d20+2=18 ( I accidentally messed up this roll, the +2s were supposed to be d10s, so I will reroll those. The attacks are 8 and 20 though. )

Damage: 1d10+2=11, 1d10+2=7 ( So, I guess the second attack, the one that may actually hit, ends up being 20 vs. AC and 7 damage. )

Blackrat

You smash your hammer to the spine of one dog but miss the other. But as it pulls out of your attack, Dûlin's axe comes from the other side and beheads the beast.

The other dwarves are not as lucky as they are hardpressed against the dogs. Agnar spins around and bolts the last dog on your side to the ground.

Code:
E........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]...DW.[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]..........
F........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]..-WW.Dd.........
H........@D.-LL..d.........
I........[COLOR="Red"]dd[/COLOR]..WW.Dd.........
J............WW.[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]d.........

Kaodi

Hero
Kildrak turns to see the situation behind him, with three of the fell beats still pressing one of his fellows. Growling, he moves to pass around the wagon to get to him, but he realizes that he will not be quick enough to get in a quick attack with both of his weapons.

So, instead, once the dwarven ranger has a clear lane between him and one of the beats, he charges forward and swings his battle axe down before him in a deadly arc.

( Move action to Gn, then charge to Hp and attack the top hound. )

1d20+6=14, 1d10+5=6

Blackrat

You and Dûlin seem to work in unison like hammer and anvil as both dash to circle the wagon around the opposite ends. Unfortunatily your attack doesn't connect with the creature. It seems like the axe just flows through the shadowy dog, like it had suddenly become incorporeal. Dûlin has better luck and he smashes the last dog to the ground.

Felak and Kang howerever don't have any luck with their attacks, and they curse this quite loudly.

The old Tradesmaster, standing on the seat of his wagon and brandishing his crossbow saves Kang from trouble and kills the last dog bothering him.

The last two dogs concentrate their attacks on badly bleeding Felak and both sink their teeths to his arms. There is something deeply disturbing with their behaviour. Even animals know the meaning of being grossly overwhelmed, and usually flee when the odds turn against them, but these creatures just won't give up.

Code:
E........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]...DW.[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]..........
F........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]..-WW.D[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR].........
H........[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR]..-LL.@d.........
I........[COLOR="Red"]dd[/COLOR]..WW.Dd.........
J............WW.D[COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR].........

Blackrat

You take down one of the dogs easily and take a step to stand over it. Kang, taking the cue, comes down on the last dog like hammer on anvil, smashing it to the ground.

Wiping the blood off from weapons and tending to the wounds, the dwarves sit in a ring between the wagons to catch the breath, before continuing onwards. Although Felak seem to be almost shred to pieces he just grits his teeth and assures to be alright.

"They had the stench of the Shadowrealms on them. It's these human burial sites. They seem to grow thin with the boundaries of worlds."
Agnar looks around the ring. "Well, shall we go on. I'd like to get out of this site. We'll make camp outside the city walls and ride in on the morning."

[sblock=OOC]The battle is over. I haven't yet calculated the xp but I'll post it in the next post.[/sblock]

Remove ads