• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wulfcyne shrugs noncommitally as he responds, 'Me thinks there are many ways ta judge a warrior. Tis it the ability ta kill? Ta destroy one's enemies afore bein destroyed? This seems more a matter o survival, an can ever be viewed in the wild lands, such as yer jungle no doubt. Perhaps a true warrior is one who has mastered but a single weapon utterly and completely, like me pig sticker, fer instance.'
The large human juts a thick thumb at the black iron head of his trident before continuing, 'But there's *always* a bigger fish in the pond, ready ta eat ya, no matter how sharp yer own fangs is.'

Chuckling at his own clever joke, Wulfcyne takes a deep breath and then concludes, 'But, by my ken, the best warriors are those tha use their heads ta guide their arms; those who realize that solitary survival an skill ain't enough, that ya *must* rely on allies. One must ask fer the aid o comrades, an use one's own might in the service o truly just causes. Ta do otherwise, well... ya might as well resign yerself to bein' some sorta maddog killer, fightin fer blood, nay fer honor. Are ye a maddog, Shah-day?'

LogicsFate

First Post
Dirk Nightbreese said:
'But there's *always* a bigger fish in the pond, ready ta eat ya, no matter how sharp yer own fangs is.'

Chuckling at his own clever joke, Wulfcyne takes a deep breath and then concludes, 'But, by my ken, the best warriors are those tha use their heads ta guide their arms; those who realize that solitary survival an skill ain't enough, that ya *must* rely on allies. One must ask fer the aid o comrades, an use one's own might in the service o truly just causes. Ta do otherwise, well... ya might as well resign yerself to bein' some sorta maddog killer, fightin fer blood, nay fer honor. Are ye a maddog, Shah-day?'

Shadé chuckles with him, not really getting the joke. As Wulfcyne continues the shifter nods slowly Mad dog? Shadé is not a dog. The shifter pauses face changing. AH, Mad Dog Like it had a new significance. A dog who bites the feeder, I am not a mad dog, but I am not good dog. One that comes on command and fetches. I am wild dog, free.

Thick lips puckering into a thoughtful pout, Wulfcyne strokes his clean shaven, if heavily scarred, chin, responding philosophically, 'Well then lass, Brey's Land is the perfect place fer ya. Though it sounds like ya know what yer about, fer a dog tha' comes on command is tha dog tha trusts the one which finally puts him down, neh? Fer my gold, runnin' free and takin' care o' the smaller pups is the best course. Tha' may be the true test of a warrior, havin' the might to do as ya will, but only usin' it when necessary. Havin' the courage ta do wha's right, na wha's easy.'

The veteran shoots the smaller shifter a matter of fact look at this last, before gulping down another mouthful of water.

Wiping the twisted line that is his mouth, Wulfcyne admits dourly, 'Trust me lass, I know from experience. Tha said though, ye seem like the type ta stand tough ina tight spot, mayhap ye and I could find some work together?

LogicsFate

First Post
Sha... I, would like that. Yes, but work seems to be light and you are right, in my tribe, wood and leather are the easiest for our makers to find. Perhaps it is time to try new weapons from the city. The shifter eyes the elfs particularly fancy sword.

Wulfcyne's smile is proud as he nods emphatically and suggests, 'A wise idea. Ye can never go wrong with an Axe, as me Ma used to say, Sovereigns bless 'er. I suggest sumptin' small an quick, kinda like yerself, eh?'

Looking around the common room, the warrior spots the Hobgoblin and gives her a stern glance up and down, before looking over his shoulder at the silent figures at the back tables, then back to the 'forged sorting nuts. Giving a snort and half shrug, he finally rests his gaze on the elven woman, asking, 'What say ye, lass? Should a job come walkin' through tha door, would ya be interested ta join us two?'

LogicsFate

First Post
The humans words make the shifter pause, Er, I do not accually know the city or where this shop is. She seems unsure of herself

Solange

First Post
"If you know what you seek, surely you can find it if it exists in this city child," Koh'Tara tells the shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads