Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Eco-Mono said:
Um.

Is Helekanalaith talking about what I think he's talking about? :heh:

[edit of previous answer] We'll find out I suppose ;)

Aneul said:
I had that thought myself... it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
Actualy, the possibilities presented here reminded me of a short story Shemeska wrote featuring Larsdona (sp?) and the fate of her children- presumably by Helekanalaith. Between them and the Chechire Fiend, it seems like whatever plan's Helekanalaith may have for Shylara are going to bear interesting fruit.

Helekanalaith had two children. One of them was sacrificed by Larsdana on the Gray Waste, and the other was born into caste as an arcanaloth, and their subsequent fate is unknown. We also know that the Cheshire Fiend is a child of Helekanalaith, but it's uncertain who the mother might be. It's possible that the Cheshire Fiend is the one surviving child between the first two Keepers of the Tower Arcane, but I haven't said for certain.

Part of that is addressed in this storyhour, and it's further addressed in SH2 (Larsdana herself is a semi-recurrent character).

Shemeska

Adventurer
Band2 said:
You forgot Hairy.
In your story hours they are all psychotic, powerful, and hairy women. :D

So far ;)

Ex-Factol Tollysalmon of the Bleak Cabal is certainly powerful and barmy, but she isn't what you'd call hairy. We'll ever so briefly meet her at some point in this SH or the next eventually. Nor is The Risen in SH2 hairy (and there is method to that madness).

But yes, lots of powerful and crazy, and occasionally some powerful, crazy, and in need of a bottle of nair. Hehehe.

Tal Rasha

Explorer
Hey, random question, apologies for my not using the search function more thoroughly: if I start reading the second story hour, will I come across spoilers for the first one? If the common opinion is that one should wait for the first SH to finish before starting on the second one, that's fine. Patience is a virtue :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
Tal Rasha said:
Hey, random question, apologies for my not using the search function more thoroughly: if I start reading the second story hour, will I come across spoilers for the first one? If the common opinion is that one should wait for the first SH to finish before starting on the second one, that's fine. Patience is a virtue :)

So far there aren't many spoilers, and I've tried my best to keep that intentionally the case. However there will eventually be some that I can't avoid, but I'll say something before those updates as a warning to folks who want to avoid it.

Thus far the only true spoiler is something regarding the fate/status of Shylara the Manged in the two centuries that elapse between SH1 and SH2. In the future, at the conclusion of the first true plot arc for SH2 I'll be revisiting a meeting between Phaedra and her father A'kin, which by its nature will have some spoilers about him (and Phaedra's mother). But as the 'loths don't take a major role in SH2, the plot of SH2 impacts SH1 very little most of the time.

I was going to hold off on updating SH2 till I'd reached roughly the transition from the first to 2nd half of SH1, but that's going to be more updates that I expected, so I'll give SH2 some love sooner rather than later. This week has been very busy however, and I just got moved to a new cube at work which doesn't afford me the privacy to write SH stuff during the time I'm not in the lab or doing other work related stuff.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
I love this story. Really impressed with the list of enemies your PCs are racking up? :)

Charlene Reed's artwork is impressive. Like those 2 you posted up the thread a little. Is there any online gallery of her stuff? Be interested in seeing more!

Shemeska

Adventurer
Inconsequenti-AL said:
I love this story. Really impressed with the list of enemies your PCs are racking up? :)

FYI, next update will be on Monday evening. :)

Charlene Reed's artwork is impressive. Like those 2 you posted up the thread a little. Is there any online gallery of her stuff? Be interested in seeing more!

She did some more artwork for the SH as well, and I used to have a thread in the art forum here on Enworld with all of them, but it got erased during the one big crash we had a while back. Yes she has a gallery, and I'll find the link and post it later.

Remove ads