WOIN Shifter style Druid questions

easl

Explorer
Ya, that is what I had figured originally too. Unfortunately, it means in many cases that not only are you working with a smaller MDP but you also don't have many of the skills that would be why you might use the form (like tracking and combat). Certainly certain skill would come as part of the changed physiology (like scent). I will have to think about it more and see what we come up with.

The shifter exploit already has two levels; perhaps one solution to your problem is to add a third level to it where you get the animal's skills too? That would still only let your shifter be the animal for 1 hr, but it would let them be the 'full animal.'

I could also see adding additional exploits to extend the time. Maybe +2 hrs per exploit?

The main problem I see with this way of doing it is your skill set is very limited; taking the Druid career over and over again for the exploits is going to mean your character has outdoor and magical skills...and that's about it.

Now, if you want the animal skills more than the shapeshifting, I'd take a look at the Shaman career from Eons #61. The 'spirit animal' exploit lets you spend 2 actions to get one of your totem's skills or attributes for 1 minute. That's right baby, once your pc hits grade 6 you can channel the grizzly bear's 15 strength. Conan, eat my dust!

And for added tastiness, the racial paragon career (Eons #21) would let you start your PC at grade 6, letting you drop that 15 strength on your enemies right from the get-go. Of course if you do that, you really ought to go the whole way and be a Smallfolk, so that when you beat the ogre in arm-wrestling, it really burns. :)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That could work. In fact, yeah, that Shaman exploit is perfect for the job.

Alternatively, the character could literally buy the skills needed with XP. That would represent him learning how to "use" his animal form. He's got all the physical 'equipment' to track as a wolf, but needs to learn how to interpret scents and the like.

Remove ads