• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shifting Twilight Campaign OOC--Recruiting

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heh.

Str 7
Int 11
Wis 7
Dex 8
Con 10
Cha 11

So the only class available is Magic-User (UI had forgotten the onerous restrictions on being an illusionist! holy smokes, 15 Int and 16 dex?); possible races are Human, Elf, Half-Elf. If we are starting at level 1, then I will go Elf -- so Dex 9, Con 9.

I'm going to suggest that this is the best argument for point-buy I've seen -- (it will be clear there was no re-rolling until I got what I was looking for).

Now for spells:

Read Magic, Push, (choice), Mending.

so I guess I choose Shield for the defensive spell, unless someone has other suggestions.

I can't find where the rules for permitted weapons are -- am I allowed a crossbow? In any case, perhaps he needs to buy a dagger and some torches, and he's pretty much set.

A more formal char sheet soon. Now this is podracing.

KS.

Yabanjin

First Post
M-Us start with a choice of one* proficiency: dagger, dart, or staff**. They can also throw burning oil, which is true of every class except Monk. Throwing oil is a great tactic if you don't have a to-hit or damage bonus, although it takes a lot of prep time and there are a bunch of rolls involved.

*PHB37
**PHB19

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

I should note that Humans gain the following:

(1) Human characters gain a +2 bonus to *two* selected characteristics once the stat rolls have been generated, of the Player's choice. (In any event, 18 is the maximum score possible for a starting Human character)

(2) Human characters gain a +10% bonus to all Experience Points gained.

(3) Human characters begin the game with 6 Fate Points.

Additional Non-Humans/Humanoid Races allowed:

Half Ogres
Urrgan (Wolf-People)
Albeeri (Elephant-People)
Saedren (Lion-People)
Harthak (Hippo-People)
Perrenar (Deer-People)
Half-Trolls
Minotaurs

Have a great *New Years Eve* my friends! I shall see you all *next year*!!!!!:)

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

BattleAxe

Explorer
And a happy new year to all as well.

Have updated my original character post to include Shark's human adjustments listed above

And for Kobold Stew, I think Shark did say that if you wanted to be a specific class and didn't meet the requirements you can up your scores to the minimum required, so if you wanted an illusionist, you could have one.

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Happy New Year indeed! Thank you all for the greetings and such. I hope all of you have been having a good time with your friends and family, and have been eating well and having fun!

As we prepare for the Shifting Twilight campaign to begin, there are a few things I am working on as to themes and such in the campaign. To this, I should like to know a bit about each of you. In addition, I believe it will be fun and good for us to learn a bit about each member of our little group as a way of introduction, and getting to know each other a bit.

Your provision of such information is appreciated!

(1) Your Age:
(2) Your Sex:
(3) Your Education: High School, College, Post-Graduate, or other.
(4) Are you Married, or Single?
(5) What profession or industry are you working in?
(6) Are you a veteran of the military?
(7) How many years have you been gaming?
(8) What are your most significant gaming influences?
(9) What books within the fantasy/S&S genre are your favourites?
(10) Do you have a favourite musical genre?
(11) Besides gaming, of course, what are your favourite hobbies or recreation?
(12) Do you have skill and experience in cooking? Do you have any favourite cuisines that you especially enjoy?

No need to write a novel, of course, but some brief details concerning each of the 12 questions will be interesting, and perhaps helpful.

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

BattleAxe

Explorer
OK, well a little bit about me below to kick start things off

[sblock="Information"](1) 36
(2) Male
(3) Graduate
(4) Married
(5) IT Consultant
(6) Nope
(7) 24
(8) & (9) I love Epic Fantasy, rather than gritty realistic fantasy. I enjoy reading Tolkein, Feist, GRR Martin, Jordan, Eddings, all of that type of stuff. I'm currently ploughing through the Malazan books and seriously loving them
(10) Not really a big music person.
(11) probably computers and books
(12) I love cooking, I tend to do both a lot of Asian influenced cooking and also traditional British cuisine
[/sblock]

Yabanjin

First Post
[sblock=Me!]
(1) Your Age: 25
(2) Your Sex: Male
(3) Your Education: BA History
(4) Are you Married, or Single? Single, although my girlfriend has these notions...
(5) What profession or industry are you working in? Teaching English, although I've spent my whole adult life fixing computers for a living.
(6) Are you a veteran of the military? Nope.
(7) How many years have you been gaming? ~7
(8) What are your most significant gaming influences? D&D 3.5 and 1e, White Wolf's Mage, Nobilis, WHFRP, Paranoia; Final Fantasy games.
(9) What books within the fantasy/S&S genre are your favourites? I'll go ahead an ostracize myself here: I don't read fantasy novels. I'm just more of a non-fiction guy, really, so I read more history books and historical novels. I particularly liked Gates of Fire, Eagle in the Snow, and Shogun. I'm also a comic book nerd, so I have read the whole Dark Horse Conan line, which I've enjoyed immensely.
(10) Do you have a favourite musical genre? Funk. Give it up, or turn it loose.
(11) Besides gaming, of course, what are your favourite hobbies or recreation? Cooking, cycling, video games, and studying Japanese.
(12) Do you have skill and experience in cooking? Do you have any favourite cuisines that you especially enjoy? Do I ever! I make a mean quiche, a heart-stoppingly creamy lasagna, killer curry, and a smattering of Japanese food as well. I'm mostly a vegetarian--I never turn down a home-cooked meal, and I won't deny myself a new food experience, but I don't buy meat for use at home and I don't order it at restaurants unless it's a genuinely new experience.
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
M-Us start with a choice of one* proficiency: dagger, dart, or staff**. They can also throw burning oil, which is true of every class except Monk. Throwing oil is a great tactic if you don't have a to-hit or damage bonus, although it takes a lot of prep time and there are a bunch of rolls involved.

*PHB37
**PHB19

Thanks for these references -- somehow I had missed p. 19.

I'm afraid I'm out, though. Thanks anyways.

KS

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Awesome and very cool, gang. It's fun to learn a bit about you all.

Kobold Stew...you're out?

Hmmm....I guess I'm missing something here. *Looks quizzical and confused*

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Me too]
(1) Your Age: 26
(2) Your Sex: Male
(3) Your Education: B.Comm (Accounting)
(4) Are you Married, or Single? Married
(5) What profession or industry are you working in? Professional Services (aka Tax Accountant)
(6) Are you a veteran of the military? Nope.
(7) How many years have you been gaming? ~9
(8) What are your most significant gaming influences? Besides D&D likely Tolkien, Shining Force (Sega Genesis), Dragon Warrior, Baldur's Gate II, Final Fantasy games.
(9) What books within the fantasy/S&S genre are your favourites? Tolkien, Salvatore, Weis & Hickman Dragonlance stuff, right now I'm reading Sword of Truth series and it's pretty good (although I'm on book 1 of 11 or so)
(10) Do you have a favourite musical genre? Rock, Top 40, Alternative (90's though)
(11) Besides gaming, of course, what are your favourite hobbies or recreation? #1? Hockey of courses, what more would you expect from a Canuck? Reading, chasing twin boys around, Jogging
(12) Do you have skill and experience in cooking? No, but I'm great at eating ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads