• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shining South Monsters

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Shade said:
They were given a race writeup in the Dragon/Dungeon Dark Sun crossover.

Ah yes, I had forgotten that Dragon #319 did a "Dark Sun version" of the races it had, since they were more powerful on that world.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I have Shining South at home, I'll try to remember to bring it with me tomorrow.

Trencher, is there anything in particular you want to know about the Laraken?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Trencher said:
Any info on the Laraken?

Okay, I wasn't online yesterday (I took the day off to study for a french exam), but I now have my copy of Shining South in front of me. Here's a summary of the laraken. Yell if you need any additional details.

"This yellow sphere glistens from moisture as it undulates through the much. Two thick, twitching tentacles protrude from opposite sides of its body."

The Laraken is a 15 HD, large extraplanar creature, which feeds on magic. It comes from the plane of Nishrek (home of the orc pantheon in the Realms) and is usually only found in marshes and swamps outside of its home plane.

The creature attacks by draining the highest level spell from any spellcaster, or permanently draining charges, powers or bonuses from magic items. It also has a spell resistance of 35, and any spell failing to overcome this resistance is absorbed by the laraken and can cast that spell on its next turn.

To aid the laraken in its pursuit of magical munchables, it can also sense magic within 60 feet and can use dimension door as a standard action.

Remove ads