• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shipwrecked (SSAP part one)

Walking Dad

First Post
Tusk AC 15 (T12, FF13), HP 11/13, F +4,R+4,W+2, CMB +4, CMD 14

Tusk moves.

[sblock=ooc]

DC 15 saves are DC 15 climb checks?

Tusk

Earthbreaker - +4 - 2d6+4 - x3
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Katilla and Shere Khan move towards the wreck. However as they get close, it is obvious that in order to get there, they will have to scrabble over the rocks. Looking closely at the rocks, Katilla decides that there is not way that she can make it and reluctantly turns back. "Sorry boys. There's no way I can get over those rocks."

Katilla is just about to start walking back down the beach when she hears a shout followed by a splash. Looking back she sees that Tusk has fallen into the sea and is being smashed against the rocks. She desperately looks around for a way of rescuing him.

[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming that Tusk failed his first saving throw. If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll edit my post.

What is the swim DC, if Katilla decides to swim out to resue him?[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: Question: the Mount evolution explicitly references using an eidolon as a combat mount. Does that mean he can still be ridden in non-combat situations? Baloguai has the Climb evolution, which means he gets the +8 racial for having a Climb speed and can take 10 on checks, auto-succeeding the rock climb. I just don't know if Siquit can ride his back or not.

I would think he could. Combat mount status is significant because it means the rider can cast and attack et al without falling off. Just holding on tight while an Eidolon moves is something else. But if not, I'd just be having him fish Tusk out of the drink alone. :)

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
yes, tusk failed his save, you can ride the eidolon outside of combat by hanging on.
[sblock=OOC]damages and statuses: 2 damage from the rocks, climb checks are DC 15, swim checks anywhere near the rocks are DC 20 with the waves smashing against rocks

for beach searching:

you do not find much fresh water but there is a small stream, and there are plentiful caves, but they will be difficult to get to, maybe with a little rope a bridge could be created to get to them and you know that there was rope on the boat...[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Brother fredrick makes a mentasl note: get some rope from the ship later. that and some empty casks for water.

Walking Dad

First Post
Tusk AC 15 (T12, FF13), HP 11/13, F +4,R+4,W+2, CMB +4, CMD 14

Tusk begins to drown miserably...

[sblock=ooc]

No luck. Does the adventure already assumes character deaths ;)

Tusk

Earthbreaker - +4 - 2d6+4 - x3
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Siquit Inivie, halfling summoner

Seeing Tusk's predicament, Siquit urges Baloguai toward the foundering half-orc. The aquatic eidolon catches up Tusk as Siquit says "Grab on, now. We can get you back to shore, then we'll check 'round the ship, maybe find some rope so we can help folk up the rocks."

OOC: Taking 10 on swim is auto-success for Balogaui, so I'm assuming he can collect Tusk with minimal effort, then they'll head to the ship.

ghostcat

First Post
Katilla watches worriedly as Tusk is smashed against the rocks. She is just gathering her courage to try something, which she considers to be risky and dangerous, when Siquit's companion jumps in and expertly swims towards Tusk. Breathing a sigh of relief, Katilla waits to see what happens.

HandofMystra

First Post
Jarnell, is at a loss for what to do. He can tend the sick, but his has always lived in cities. Clearly this new life on the run will require much learning. Hi is roused from his revelry as he sees Tusk flailing in the water and Baloguai swimming steadily to rescue him. He runs to where Baloguaileft entered the water. Here was a place where he could help.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Brother Frederick hears a comotion in the water, And hoping for more survivors he turns, only to see the drama unfold befrore him distantly. he points and is aboutt ot exclaim something, but the words get arrested in mis formation as he see Tusk get saved from the punishing force of the waves upon the unyealding sharp rocks.

"As I feared. is dangerous to go to ship, Ja?" he asks no one in particular. He continues to watch just to see if his person might be found useful in some way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads