• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Shop] di Senzio's Magical Shop

TwistedMindInc

First Post
( Basically, the way I'm feeling about dishing out items is that the people that left the game shouldn't be getting a cut. ::shrug:: I have no problem with Kongu getting a cut, even if she's an NPC - because she's been there from day one. As for Zurd and Kyle.. I'm not comfortable giving their characters anything. The players should've stuck it out through the game. )

hero4hire

Explorer
TwistedMindInc said:
( Basically, the way I'm feeling about dishing out items is that the people that left the game shouldn't be getting a cut. ::shrug:: I have no problem with Kongu getting a cut, even if she's an NPC - because she's been there from day one. As for Zurd and Kyle.. I'm not comfortable giving their characters anything. The players should've stuck it out through the game. )

OOC: Yeah I kinda agree. Though I really have no IC justification for not letting Kyle have an equal share of what we found while he was with us. I have plenty of IC justifcation for cutting out Zurd and maybe even cutting out his heart.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: As a random onlooker, I have to say that I like it as a GM and as a player when the AWOL characters are written out before the end, as this kind of situation is annoying (and doubly as annoying if you also brought in replacements and have to split with them also :(). That said, I have no idea of the specifics of this adventure or when the two players dropped out, so maybe that was impossible)

TwistedMindInc

First Post
( Kyle didn't even make it a third of the way through what we accomplished. He wasn't there in the beginning and then disappeared not even half way through. Though Kyle was nice enough - Payne sees it as he didn't do anything productive. And.. well.. I don't think I need to go into detail on how she feels about Zurd. :) OOC-wise, I figured if the player had wanted a cut of the treasure.. he would've had Zurd speak out IC before leaving the game. )

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: I was planning on having Zurd and Kyle leave, and even set up a convenient excuse -- but when the time came we all decided it was just as well to abort the game at that point, since it had been flagging. As far as treasure shares -- Zurd and Kyle were there the whole time as NPCs, and there's no IC reason to treat NPCs differently from PCs. XP is different, since it's an OOC mechanic, and that's where there's a difference. I don't particularly care, as far as Zurd is concerned, whether he gets any treasure, but as far as the surviving PCs are concerned, if they're making a play for more than the 1/6 share apiece that they've already earned, they've got an obstacle to overcome, namely Zurd, to get it. And they're taking different strategies toward getting it (two hardliners, one trying to compromise), and that's roleplaying, and I like it.

Lot

First Post
OOC: We brought Kyle in after we went back to Orussus when we decided to get a healer. Anything found before that, I'd imagine he didn't get a cut. As for Zurd, I'd think that Lokin would see his attempt to get the axe for cheap as a short-sighted mistake from a desperate individual who has been looking out for himself his whole life. He sees that there should be a punishment for getting caught but he's not ready to cut him out entirely, which would seem like theft to him. Lokin's military background makes formalized punishment, such as taking a fine out of payment, as an appropriate measure. However, if a fight does break out, he is much more likely to help and protect his teammates versus the person trying to steal from them. He just won't feel great about it after, provided he does survive.

orsal

LEW Judge
Lot said:
OOC: We brought Kyle in after we went back to Orussus when we decided to get a healer. Anything found before that, I'd imagine he didn't get a cut.

Treasure from your first foray into the dungeon was already allotted -- and apart from the shield, there wasn't a lot of it. The haul I listed in my recent post back in the adventure thread was all from after your return to the dungeon.

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol eyed the back where the child disappeared to. "Perhaps we should discuss this somewhere more....private. Where we can settle this once and for all."

ooc: Just a heads up, I am having surgery in a couple hours. I expect to be out of it for a day or two after.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: By the way, teh shop haev now 243gp to buy your items... if you don't keep the scrolls and potion, most likely I could buy them or some of them. Keep talking, and I'll have more money in bank :p

Remove ads