Shop -Thread

Velmont

First Post
azmodean said:
I still don't see where any of this derives from the idea of the shop itself. It does not allow you to do anything you can't already do, except for the money derived from the job system, which is still not part of the shop proposal, but rather part of the job system proposal. From what I see, all the shop does is give you permission to start your own thread to sell items instead of cluttering up the RDI thread with it. Am I missing something?

At the base, nope, you miss nothing. That was my idea at first. But what I like with that, it is it had background. I don't want Rinaldo to sell items in the RDI, I want him to have his shop(s). I think the main advantage is that, as you don't sell in the RDI, you don't have to give to Joe his 5%.

Some problematic of my base idea of the shop might be solved with the Job System (running a shop on an everyday basis) and the Leadership feat (employee). Here, it is more the interaction with other PCs and the creation of a physical place in LEW (and a thread in the forum).

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Maybe reading through old threads has made me sentimental, but I think there should be some malable reward for this. Velmont has been working towards this goal since '03, He has stuck to his guns and come out on top. While he might be happy with his own shop thread and not paying Joe his cut, it should be more beneficial or at least not capped.

Velmont

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Maybe reading through old threads has made me sentimental, but I think there should be some malable reward for this. Velmont has been working towards this goal since '03, He has stuck to his guns and come out on top. While he might be happy with his own shop thread and not paying Joe his cut, it should be more beneficial or at least not capped.

Sentimental? Me too sometimes. Yes, Rinaldo has been among the first of LEW (that explain why he is the first 5th level character), and I like to go back in old threads to look at what he was like in his old adventures (his background was a little less consistant at that time, I think his wife and kids appeared in his background during the second adventure he made...)

Anyway, I think you have a point there. It is a good thing to reward dedication. Honestly, personnally, my reward is simply Rinaldo have turn to be one of the most interesting character I have played on PbP.

LogicsFate

First Post
Even though I wasn't around back then, yeah I get sentamental

I was reading Trek to the Vinyard and kept looking at the time marks trying to remember what a was doing back then, back two houses and a state ago. And getting a kick outta Troi accent(It seems to have gotten harsher over the years)

A thinking over all, that now I need to start my own city/tribe/large cult/and so on (12th or 15th level minum if I remember correctly)

Bront

The man with the probe
I think that before the shop can be approved, we need a job thread to be approved, and we can work from there on what happens if you buy a shop.

Unfortunately, that isn't moving at a particularly fast pace.

LogicsFate

First Post
wouldn't a shop and a job be seperate enough not to matter that much? It seems a shop would be mostly PC interaction with high costing stuff and a job would be faceless npc stuff

Bront

The man with the probe
They're intermingled enough, especialy because the job thread requires you to buy a shop.

One of my characters has great interest in the shop thread, since she is a weapon and armor crafter, but the job thread may have to be fixed first.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Maybe having a shop thread could be an additional feature of level 1 of the Merchant PrC. That way, we can reward Rinaldo for his dedication without upsetting the people who want most sales (other than those of Rinaldo or other PrC Merchants) to take place under the confines of the job system.

Remove ads