• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Shortbows are not simple?

Kevin Flynn

Villager
Rogues get Simple weapons, but a shortbow is no longer simple. Then the suggested equipment listing gives them a simple bow, which they would not be proficient at? That seems to be confusing and maybe a crossover mistake?

yeah i think they just copied the recommended rogue loadout from o5e and forgot to change it from a shortbow (well, either that or forgot to give rogues proficiency in shortbows).

mrianmerry

Villager
Clearly whoever designed the A5E rogue dislikes rogues.

Seems like an easy fix to just hand out that proficiency, as that appears to be the intent still.

Chain shirt (PHB) has always been medium armor in 5E. Full-body chain mail (renamed hauberk in LU, I believe) is heavy armor.

I don't know what either of those were classified as in editions prior to 5E, so I don't know if they 'changed'.

Staffan

Legend
Chain shirt (PHB) has always been medium armor in 5E. Full-body chain mail (renamed hauberk in LU, I believe) is heavy armor.

I don't know what either of those were classified as in editions prior to 5E, so I don't know if they 'changed'.
3e had chain shirts as light armor and chain mail as medium. Earlier editions didn't have chain shirts, just chain mail, and no technical distinction between light, medium, and heavy armor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads