Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

B4cchus

Visitor
"Well, what we need is to find a way to help both your people and the person we intend to help. If you will be on your way to that city, we will need to get that girl there as well. But i want some guarantee that she will be helped with that orb when she get's there. That doesn't cost you anything and will allow me to help you in the rest of our ventures here.
This would be far more easy than getting an entire city to the girl. Which city would that be, by the way?

Anyhow, before we come to that, we need to get the orb from that field first, indeed. Do you know anything about that field?

Oh and the treasure divide sounds fine to me. I am sure my companions will agrre to such a division.
"

"The energy field should be easy enough to disable. Really, a knowledge of the arcane principles of the situation is rather sufficient to analyse the local context. If anything, the field seems to have been powered in part by an energy source related to a local ley line, an energy source which has recently become delocalised. For that reason, the field should fall to fairly standard removal techniques."

"Right--you do that Tad."

"Mr. Hammerhand, our patron works for the mayor of the town of Trastia, a proud town that rests in the Fallonese sphere of influence. Send your girl to Trastia, and surely she will be cured. If there is nothing else, I will have Kendrick appraise the treasure and give you your half, in case you would rather heal your friends and be on your way to apprise that little girl sooner, rather than later."

B4cchus

Visitor
"Very well, I will tend to my companions as you concern yourself to this energy field. By the way, what means to you employ to travel back? It might be a good idea to travel at least part of the journey together as I found these regions to be quite hazardous."
After that question is ansered Findoram will head back to zap the rest of the party a good number of times with his wand of CLW.

ooc: to the rest of the party: make your own CLW (1d8+1 hp per pop) rolls as you see fit. Findoram at least will zap you back above 0 hp and more if desired.
In the progress he'll also zap himself for some hp's of healing (inv. castle seems to be down, i'll make the rolls later).
The wand has 38 charges left.

Tandi will probably only accept enough healing to bring her back to consciousness and one more to be sure. She wouldn't want to waste the charges.

Tandi's mind eventually allows her to realize that she is still alive. Tentatively taking a look around, she thanks Findoram and then nods inquisitively towards the new group. Tandi then slowly stands up, awaiting a response.

Brain

Visitor
Scun struggles to his feet, holding his head. (after using up 2 charges to become conscious, total of 11 healing) He looks around, seemingly confused. He takes inventory of his gear while listening to the conversation.

BigB

Visitor
Once healed to consciousness Rhys still feeling pain from the beating he took stands and looks around to take in the situation. "Thank you for the healing Findoram. That knew how to deliver a blow!" He then begins collecting his gear.

BigB

Visitor
Once healed to consciousness Rhys still feeling pain from the beating he took stands and looks around to take in the situation. "Thank you for the healing Findoram. That guy knew how to deliver a blow!" He then begins collecting his gear.

B4cchus

Visitor
When Findoram got everybody back on thier feet he explains the situation to them:
"Very well people, listen. We have another band of explorers here with us who are looking for the very same object, the cure, as we are. We have found it and they are lowering a magic defence meckanism right now that is the last obstackle that prevents us from winning it.
They helped us defeat those villains. I'd eve go as far to say that without them we may not be lookin at eachother's faces on the High Kings creation just now.
They hail from Fallon and say they need the cure to help a good many of people who have been stricken with probably the same illnes as the one we seek this cure for.
Since they helped us and a great many of people are in need of it in a township in Fallon, I have agreed that they take the cure with them. I also made an agreement that we can bring the one that we need to cure to that very town so that she will recieve healing as well.
Finally, and not unimportantly, they have agreed to share the vast treasure that lays in this vault with us.
All in all a good deal if I say so myself. I say that we pack that treasure and head back as fast as possible. Then we transport the patient to Fallon and this whole mission will be concluded succesfull.

What you say?"

Tandi thinks about Findoram's words for a moment before speaking. "I may be a little out of sorts here," she indicates her wounds that are still healing. "I don't like it. What's to say that they won't take the cure for themselves? Treasure is one thing, but this cure is what we have fought and suffered for. If we go along with this plan, I'd say at least one of us should go with them while the rest return to pick up our charge. If she's even in a condition to travel. We have been gone for some time." Her words spoken, Tandi relaxes a bit and looks around at her companions, taking her own stock of their conditions.

Brain

Visitor
Scun furrows his brow, obviously pondering something. "I think we would be dead if it wasn't for their help. Their idea is reasonable. I know it's been a long journey, but as Mongrel teaches, a journey is never wasted."

BigB

Visitor
We did promis to return the cure to the girl but a whole town would take precdence. All the same we should remain wary.

Tandi nodded. At least she was getting through to them. I don't like this. Me either. Be mindful. "Alright, they did have a chance to take the rest of us out and they didn't, I'll give them that. Let's get this done then."

*After the group has had time to talk and a bit more time passes, Rosalynn returns.*

"Alright, Kendrick has appraised everything. We'll give you as much of it in gold as possible, since that will be easiest for you all to split and you won't have to sell anything off for half if you don't want it. On our end, I intend to donate anything we don't need to charity instead."

"Do you have a Handy Haversack? This is quite a bit of gold to carry."

BigB

Visitor
A bit of grumbling from Rhys...So this is how it is, we are to take what they offewr and have no choice in the distribution? Perhaps there is an item that could be useful in service to Shural.

"Well if there was, you could take the gold and buy the exact same item in Medibaria or Orussus, right? This seems to me to be strictly better for you than taking items of equal value for the purpose of disribution, since you can always buy whatever you want with it. After all, let's say there was an item you wanted that cost more than a full share for one of you and you only had items--either the group would force you to sell it for half and no one would be happy, or else you would come out with more than everyone else."

BigB

Visitor
Rystil Arden said:
"Well if there was, you could take the gold and buy the exact same item in Medibaria or Orussus, right? This seems to me to be strictly better for you than taking items of equal value for the purpose of disribution, since you can always buy whatever you want with it. After all, let's say there was an item you wanted that cost more than a full share for one of you and you only had items--either the group would force you to sell it for half and no one would be happy, or else you would come out with more than everyone else."

"Your logic is sound, but would have liked the choice."

"So I take it no bags of holding, eh? Well, you'll have to find some way to carry it out then I guess. Methinks you will be doing less grumbling when you see what you're getting."

*Rosalynn and Kendrick haul out two extremely large and full sacks that look like they easily weigh several hundred pounds and two substantially smaller pouches.*

"The sacks each hold 10,000 gold in coin. The pouches each hold 10,000 gold in gems. Now you should get going. I'm sure that dog of yours is going to be hungry..."

*As they are explaining the contents of the sacks, Sashal stirs awake, the pale-eyed Seer looking less than thrilled at the proceedings.*

"Why is the treasure of this place being pillaged? I understood that there was to be one item taken to save a dying girl, but I can feel a dark and terrible omen from what has occurred this day. We have allowed something truly calamitous to occur."

BigB

Visitor
Rystil Arden said:
"So I take it no bags of holding, eh? Well, you'll have to find some way to carry it out then I guess. Methinks you will be doing less grumbling when you see what you're getting."

*Rosalynn and Kendrick haul out two extremely large and full sacks that look like they easily weigh several hundred pounds and two substantially smaller pouches.*

"The sacks each hold 10,000 gold in coin. The pouches each hold 10,000 gold in gems. Now you should get going. I'm sure that dog of yours is going to be hungry..."

*As they are explaining the contents of the sacks, Sashal stirs awake, the pale-eyed Seer looking less than thrilled at the proceedings.*

"Why is the treasure of this place being pillaged? I understood that there was to be one item taken to save a dying girl, but I can feel a dark and terrible omen from what has occurred this day. We have allowed something truly calamitous to occur."
Rhys regards the seer curiously. What is this Omen that you speak of?

BigB

Visitor
Rhys looks saddly upon his supposed share of treasure and to Eskon and to the seer...Are we violating some cultural laws of your people? Shural would not look favorably upon breaking laws.

"I am...not sure as to what the omen entails. I just know that something terrible has begun..."

"Even entering this place has violated our laws. We are stewards...tasked to protect all of this..."

"And probably the seal around this whole area was part of that, right? But that's gone now. You certainly don't want evil people like that dragon guy and his friends to run off with this treasure, since that would be much worse, so you should let us take it. It's like outlawing swords. Then only the criminals have swords, since they will break the law, so you make it even worse."

"Even so..."

Advertisement