• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Yup

"I don't think so," Cade says as he attacks the elven girl.

OOC: Scun should be able to get up now since no one's threatening him.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He's unconscious--he can only rise if someone heals him. If he hadn't been unconscious (even if he had stayed on the ground), he would have been killed dead with the +4 bonus to hit prone and then cleaved). )

"Are you stupid as well as weak? You're outnumbered 3 to 2. Fool."

*Just then, there is the sound of people approaching down the tunnel.*

"Well well. Looks like there's another group in here. Want to team up and kill them? Or we can just kill all of you..."

*Cade's attack fails to connect with the dark elf priestess.*

*The dark knight pulls his sword downward to the ground.*

"Dark Lady of Undeath, I thank thee for this victory today. And now that I am victorious, I call forth from your Stygian depths your dark steed, nightmare of the living!"

*Suddenly, the darkness seems to congeal, and a mare of pure black appears before him. He mounts it.*

"Why did you wait so long, dimwit?"

"It wouldn't have been one-on-one."

"It's one of your abilities though! So that wouldn't count. Besides, you don't care about the rules."

"Can it, bitch. I wanted to win on my own."

"Temper temper..."

*She shoots out violet energy and manages to miss Cade just barely, perhaps because he is a small target. The elven priestess backs up and conjures a spiritual weapon to attack Cade like a demon's claw, but it can't make it through his armour.*

(OOC: Rhys's turn)

BigB

First Post
Rhys with a howl of anger and a prayer to shural will lash out against the next villain in line - preferably to a position that will give flank on the elven girl with Cade.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rhys can attack the elven priestess from the other side with Cade, though since she backed out of Cade's last square of reach, it technically won't be a flank until Cade steps in and completes it. Still, Rhys manages a palpable hit. Whether it be Shural or Grendath or someone else, the little goblin is on fire.*

(OOC: A natural 19 is a threat, but 8 fails to confirm for the extra 5 damage, but still 7 damage)

*The sources of the sounds materialise. It is a small group of four adventurers carrying a continual flame to illuminate the darkness. A blonde-haired woman with a sword and shield in shining plate mail, a robed older man clutching a wand, a lithe cloaked half-elven man with a light chain shirt and twin daggers, and a gnome with a zither.*

"What ho? Yonder villains contest for that which glitters as our prize at the end of the long darkness?" the woman wonders aloud.

"Hail adventurers!" the voice from the shadows calls, "There were brave and true warriors here as well--a Paladin of Hyrag as you can see among them, but my comrades have fallen before me...Beware, for the villains fight amongst themselves for the treasure. The treacherous goblin and his halfling ally, their hearts blackened in envy and beating together, perhaps due to their shared small stature, laid low the brave heroes do battle with yon Nesfylim and dark knight."

"Hey, don't riff on short people!" the gnome protests.

"Noi riff intended. I love every living person of our world except for those who seek to do evil."

"You kinda sound like a pansy..."

"Are you gonna help me fight these evil people?"

"In time. We must have our own particular...what's the word again?"

"Idiom?"

"Yes, yes. Idiom."

(OOC: Cade's turn)

B4cchus

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"In time. We must have our own particular...what's the word again?"

"Idiom?"

"Yes, yes. Idiom."

(OOC: Cade's turn)

ooc: RA, You do realize that you are opening a venue of MP quotes.. one that should remain closed, at any cost :D

BigB

First Post
I could see Cade cringe as he is accused of being evil and even more at the thought of being allied with a goblin and how that must look (given his past). He might speak out attempting a Diplomacy to defend his honor etc... He may also attack... :lol:

It has been almost a week since last post.

Remove ads