Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Have you not heard of me? Verily, tis--"

"The Order of the Gnomads!" the gnome chimes in, "Famed across the lands for deeds of chivalry and honour!"

"That is not our name?"

"Then what is our name?"

"We haven't picked one yet, but it shan't be The Order of the Gnomads."

"What's that? You want me to write a shanty in praise of the Order of the Gnomads? I knew it!"

"No, stop!"

*The gnome, heedless to all calls to the contrary, begins to compose a ribald sea shanty about the Order of the Gnomad. The Lady Knight continues, attempting to speak over his theatrics.*

"...the only gnome who had the brass to fight in days and nights so brave. Twas then a lusty gnomish lass with wanton smile oh she did wave--"

"Anyway, we came here to help save a doomed city from a horrible otherworldly plague. There's some sort of magic item we're supposed to find. Kendrick is almost done searching for traps on the door at the back of this area leading into the treasure chamber. He says that the villains clearly breached the chamber, so it is unlikely that there will still be any traps, but better safe than sorry."

"...From high the king rained praises true on those who saved that kingdom sad. The bravest strongest handsomest of all still wish he's a Gnomad!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"We came in search of an artifact to help heal a sick child," Cade says. "But I fear that may have been a lie, like much else we have encountered on this quest."

B4cchus

Explorer
"There have been suprises aplenty on out voyage indeed. I can assure you that our companions mean you no harm" Findoram adds while he points out his companions. "But I must admid I have never heared of you beore. Wheer do you come from?".

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well I figured that your companions mean us no harm. The trouble is determining which ones were your companions," she winks, "During the fight, more than one side of the battle claimed to be allied with you, you see."

"But I must admid I have never heared of you beore. Wheer do you come from?".

*She shrugs.*

"Well, I've never heard of you before either. Immish likes to make up all these songs, but I'd imagine not many beginning adventurers are too well known by other adventurers, even those who are beginning to make a name for themselves among patrons and those who they have aided."

"I am Rosalynn of Fallon, sometimes known as the Knight of the Rose. And you are...?"

B4cchus

Explorer
"Findoram, Findoram Hammerhand. Servant of the High King as you have already pointed out. We hail from Orussus and we are also in search for a cure for a ill person."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see. Well, we need the cure for a sick city. I think that's more important than one person, don't you? Sometimes, a Paladin has to make the choice to serve the greater good."

*The cloaked man heads back.*

"It was trapped, but folk had been in there recently, probably that other group. They must have bypassed the traps, that or they reset. Anyway, I've taken care of them."

"My thanks, Kendrick. Shall we see what treasure we have found, Mr. Hammerhand?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He is unconscious--the other group has not healed anyone else yet out of fear of who is on what side, and they'd like to not be turned on after a tough fight.

That said, Eskon's player and Cade's are both sort of out of it--if you'd like to post for either of them (they're both conscious) to move things along, that would be awesome!)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rosalynn, Findoram, Kendrick, Immish, and Thaddeus enter the next room. It is filled with treasure of various sorts--platinum coins, gems, art objects, and items of interest. On the far left side is a domed structure protected by what seems like an energy field of some sort, with a brilliantly shining orb inside. On the far right side is a tall pedestal of igneous rock laced with text in flowing Ignan. The pedestal is completely empty.*

"Here rests the Phoenix Shard, eh? Wonder what that's about."

"Who knows. Anyway, that's our target in the energy field. Mr. Hammerhand, our group is going to be taking that orb. We are nothing if not fair, however, so we will split the rest of the treasure with you and your team, 50/50."

"Damn it, Rosalynn. This is why we never get any treasure."

"Kendrick, some day your love for gold will be the end of you. Worry not--other than what I will donate to a few charities that have great need, you, Immish, and Thadeus can split the rest of my share, so it'll be like you got more."

Remove ads