Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

BigB

First Post
We did promis to return the cure to the girl but a whole town would take precdence. All the same we should remain wary.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi nodded. At least she was getting through to them. I don't like this. Me either. Be mindful. "Alright, they did have a chance to take the rest of us out and they didn't, I'll give them that. Let's get this done then."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*After the group has had time to talk and a bit more time passes, Rosalynn returns.*

"Alright, Kendrick has appraised everything. We'll give you as much of it in gold as possible, since that will be easiest for you all to split and you won't have to sell anything off for half if you don't want it. On our end, I intend to donate anything we don't need to charity instead."

"Do you have a Handy Haversack? This is quite a bit of gold to carry."

BigB

First Post
A bit of grumbling from Rhys...So this is how it is, we are to take what they offewr and have no choice in the distribution? Perhaps there is an item that could be useful in service to Shural.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well if there was, you could take the gold and buy the exact same item in Medibaria or Orussus, right? This seems to me to be strictly better for you than taking items of equal value for the purpose of disribution, since you can always buy whatever you want with it. After all, let's say there was an item you wanted that cost more than a full share for one of you and you only had items--either the group would force you to sell it for half and no one would be happy, or else you would come out with more than everyone else."

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Well if there was, you could take the gold and buy the exact same item in Medibaria or Orussus, right? This seems to me to be strictly better for you than taking items of equal value for the purpose of disribution, since you can always buy whatever you want with it. After all, let's say there was an item you wanted that cost more than a full share for one of you and you only had items--either the group would force you to sell it for half and no one would be happy, or else you would come out with more than everyone else."

"Your logic is sound, but would have liked the choice."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"So I take it no bags of holding, eh? Well, you'll have to find some way to carry it out then I guess. Methinks you will be doing less grumbling when you see what you're getting."

*Rosalynn and Kendrick haul out two extremely large and full sacks that look like they easily weigh several hundred pounds and two substantially smaller pouches.*

"The sacks each hold 10,000 gold in coin. The pouches each hold 10,000 gold in gems. Now you should get going. I'm sure that dog of yours is going to be hungry..."

*As they are explaining the contents of the sacks, Sashal stirs awake, the pale-eyed Seer looking less than thrilled at the proceedings.*

"Why is the treasure of this place being pillaged? I understood that there was to be one item taken to save a dying girl, but I can feel a dark and terrible omen from what has occurred this day. We have allowed something truly calamitous to occur."

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"So I take it no bags of holding, eh? Well, you'll have to find some way to carry it out then I guess. Methinks you will be doing less grumbling when you see what you're getting."

*Rosalynn and Kendrick haul out two extremely large and full sacks that look like they easily weigh several hundred pounds and two substantially smaller pouches.*

"The sacks each hold 10,000 gold in coin. The pouches each hold 10,000 gold in gems. Now you should get going. I'm sure that dog of yours is going to be hungry..."

*As they are explaining the contents of the sacks, Sashal stirs awake, the pale-eyed Seer looking less than thrilled at the proceedings.*

"Why is the treasure of this place being pillaged? I understood that there was to be one item taken to save a dying girl, but I can feel a dark and terrible omen from what has occurred this day. We have allowed something truly calamitous to occur."

Rhys regards the seer curiously. What is this Omen that you speak of?

BigB

First Post
Rhys looks saddly upon his supposed share of treasure and to Eskon and to the seer...Are we violating some cultural laws of your people? Shural would not look favorably upon breaking laws.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am...not sure as to what the omen entails. I just know that something terrible has begun..."

"Even entering this place has violated our laws. We are stewards...tasked to protect all of this..."

"And probably the seal around this whole area was part of that, right? But that's gone now. You certainly don't want evil people like that dragon guy and his friends to run off with this treasure, since that would be much worse, so you should let us take it. It's like outlawing swords. Then only the criminals have swords, since they will break the law, so you make it even worse."

"Even so..."

Remove ads