Sialia's New Deck

Sialia

First Post
I know, I know. There is no "Turtle" card in the Deck of Many Things.

This would have been a lovely snake haired Euryale if my scanner hadn't conked out on me.

But it did and I was possessed by a desperate need to try out my new idea for a deck of golden cloisonne cards (enchantable quality, suitable for an artifact, no?)

So I grabbed whatever scanned sketch I had lying around because this trick needs something drawn with an actual pen before all the Photoshop magic can happen.

And, uh, I had a sea turtle sketch hanging around from a summer job I had about 15 years ago.

So now there's a Turtle card.

If I can get my scanner working, there might be some more cards in this set that actually resemble Deck of Many Things cards.

If not, we may wind up with a rather odd artifact in need of a backstory.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• turtlecard.jpg
    turtlecard.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 324
  • turtle-redgold.jpg
    turtle-redgold.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 304
  • turtle-turquoise.jpg
    turtle-turquoise.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,640
Last edited:

Ilium

First Post
Ok, two things:

1) This is gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
2) I see it as a high-powered single-use item (like a Feather Token) that summons a Dragon Turtle to serve the user for a day.

Sialia

First Post
Still experimenting with the design. I uploaded two more versions to the first post, so they'd be side by side.

I think I like the one with the Jade background best, but I'm not quite decided.

Sialia

First Post
Euryale.

(Scanner is working now. But I still like my turtle card.)

Attachments

• euryale-gold.jpg
    euryale-gold.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 278
  • euryale-goldcarnelianjade.jpg
    euryale-goldcarnelianjade.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 285
  • euryale-gold-carnelian-soap.jpg
    euryale-gold-carnelian-soap.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

Wow. Simply wow. They all look neat. I like the one on the right the best, but all three are terrific. The middle one is my second favorite. I would pay good money for a full deck like this - no symbols, no writing, no nothing but a bunch of cards with images like this. Gorgeous. (Though I should say that I'd like to see the second image - the insect - done in slightly (or greatly) different background colors from the turtle.)

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
Ok, I added one with a "soapstone" background instead of the blue jade.

I don't think I can do different background colors for all 22 cards, but it's certainly worth experimenting to see which cards look best in which colors.

I think you're right--the blue is too cheery for Euryale.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases