Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Remember, you are more or less directly below the fortress. Getting to it means moving up the spire of rock, by whatever means you choose.

Manzanita

First Post
"Well, we aren't so good without magic are we? How about this. I could write a note and tie it onto Kennedy, here, my bat. We could sent him up after dark, when he would be hard to spot. We could ask them to lower a rope." suggests Iggy.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

"Good idea, Ignatious. I doubt the shield would keep him out. Let's hope they trust us enough to lower a rope. Or at least not hassle us as we climb the stairs. Do you think we can climb them without being seen by the enemy?"

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy has black ink and a pen. But no paper. He rips part of his empty sack off and writes the following.

"People of Stonepike. We were recruited by one 'Lady Diana' to come to your aid. We are 4 experienced adventurers from Orussus. We are able to fly up to your hold, but need to use magic. Please attach a note to this bat and send it back to us telling us how to enter your citadel.

Ignatious O'Reilly"

He then gives this to Kenedy, who grips it with his talons and wings upwards towards the keep.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Charlarn says to Ignatious, "Let's wait a few minutes for the defenders to make a decision. Can you feel what Kenedy feels?"

Patlin

Explorer
After a few minutes, Kennedy is still alive and well, but not much has happened. It's possible the note is being debated prior to action being taken.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Charlarn shuffles his feet as the party waits for the keep's response. He looks out at the besieging forces and whispers, "They need to make their choice quickly, before we're spotted."

Remove ads