• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Signatures Getting Too Big?!

Truth Seeker said:
I guess this too much then... :eek: *points below*

IMHO, that sig is annoying. Sorry. The color and formatting are more of a problem than the length, though. I have a feeling if that was just normal text, it would be less than half of its current size.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Okay, that is one annoyed customer... :uhoh:

Deset Gled said:
IMHO, that sig is annoying. Sorry. The color and formatting are more of a problem than the length, though. I have a feeling if that was just normal text, it would be less than half of its current size.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Truth Seeker said:
I have though of that...but it would feel like a dishonor to the persons in passing...maybe size font reduction would be better. Will test later.
I think the honor is including them in your sig, sblock or no. Honoring them and not annoying some people aren't mutually exclusive, though. ;)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Dimwhit
How many people actually read others' sigs on a regular basis? I hardly ever look at them, and I certainly don't expect that anyone has read mine.

Well great, now you made me look at yours. :lol: Actually, depending on what's in the sig, I look at them somewhat often. I know a couple have made me laugh [funny quotes, etc] and have gotten some ideas by going the homebrewn websites of different people, both in style of setup and in information on the site.

The only sigs that I dislike are the ones listing their 18 different pbp characters that people have of both current games and past games. To me, it's like 'Who cares except for the people actually IN the games?'

And yeah, stopping by at WOTC occasionally and browsing their forums makes me think this place isn't bad, exept for the occasional lengthy sig here and there.

Originally posted by Cheiromancer
I have been irritated by big signatures too, but I don't really want to turn them off. There are too many clever quips or interesting links there.

Exactly. Somehow I missed this post so I ended up saying more than I needed to say. *shrug*

Bront

The man with the probe
When I felt mine was getting too long, I sblocked it. Sigs over about 10 lines, or formatted in some ways, can be particularly irritating, but I like that there is a character limit, and I've never seen something extremely obnoxious.

One board I was at, one user had a sig that had a top 100 list in the sig, AND something else. And then he would post things like "Yes, and now here's my sig". It took the mods WAY too long to deal with him (not a problem here).

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Bront said:
When I felt mine was getting too long, I sblocked it. Sigs over about 10 lines, or formatted in some ways, can be particularly irritating, but I like that there is a character limit, and I've never seen something extremely obnoxious.

One board I was at, one user had a sig that had a top 100 list in the sig, AND something else. And then he would post things like "Yes, and now here's my sig". It took the mods WAY too long to deal with him (not a problem here).

Sure it wasn't some guy off the WOTC boards? He'd have a sig 100 lines long and if you griped about his sig, he'd add your name to his "those who griped about my sig" sig list.... :\ He was the main reason why my sig viewing limit is at, I believe, 20 lines. :]

genshou

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
I have been browsing with .sigs turned off since the day I registered. Although I do often have the sneaking suspicion that I am missing something amazingly cool in that one person's .sig that I will never see. Oh well.
Well, if you like seeing a random EN World quote I picked up in my travels, updated every few days, you're missing out on mine. Or you were. Right now it's a bare signature.

And other than that, you really aren't missing out on much ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads