• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sigs that look like a list of accomplishments...

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I realy don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but Sigs are getting a bit out of hand here and there. Is it not desirable to limit Sigs to a certain length (number of lines and characters)?

I know i can turn it off, but i like to read some witty remarks without being confronted constantly by Sigs that are bigger than their owners posts...

Crothian

First Post
Ya, there are some sigs that are really big. For people who have those I've noticed some will allow their sig to be seen in the first post to a thread, but every post after that they don't show it. Now, if we can just get most of the people to do that :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Generally speaking, I think that it is polite to adopt the following:

1) If your sig is longer than you post, then something's wrong somewhere.

2) If your sig s longer than a line or two, just show it once in a thread. People don't want to have to come across your half page of text and graphics every third post.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I have a big signature (turning it on here to show my point), but I usually show it only once by thread.

It's a matter of self control. You like your sig with some graphics? ok, use it... but don't abuse it. Get used to un-check the "Show Signature" box in every post you do, it's not so easy.

And not, the solution is not banning graphics from sig. For many reasons. First one, some of the ongest sig are text only, Second one, it wouldn't be fair, it would be like banning all OT threads because some jerk opened 15 OT topics the same night.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
LeeCHeSSS said:
Is this one considered "big"?

Not, the first time you put it in a thread. Maybe yes, after 10 messages from you in said thread :)

Testing possible new sig for me too:

hblushing.gif

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Eternalknight said:
How does one only use their sig once in a thread?

Next time you post, you uncheck the Show Signature checkbox that appears under the text area when you write your message :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads