SILENCE: Cobra Kai

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I didn't get to talk about it a lot because I watched it on YouTube premium, subscribing twice to watch each season when it was released. Unfortunately it didn't get the best exposure on that platform.
But I loved it!
I modeled my City of Mists character on the archetype of former bully seeking redemption, tying Johnny Lawrence and Brom Bones from Irving's Sleepy Hollow. So he literally turned in to the headless horseman. He was a fun character to play.
Lawrence really speaks to me as a character. While we weren't all bullies and karate champions, I think many of us can relate to the midlife crisis feeling we wasted our potential or didn't live up to the dreams we had when we were young and struggling to find our places in a modern world.
The show has a lot of heart, full of nostalgia, great music, great fights, humor. It's one of my favorite series.

That was one of the interesting things to me. I was firmly on the geek side of the geek-vs-jock divide back in the 80s (which was a much bigger thing then than it is now), and yet I found the new Lawrence character sympathetic--life didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, and that's something a lot of people can relate to.

I also liked the way most characters aren't all good or all bad.

Kaodi

Hero
I saw a version of the Distracted Boyfriend meme that had Daniel LaRusso as the girlfriend, Karate Kid fans as the boyfriend, and Johnny Lawrence as the other woman.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I enjoyed season 1 on Youtube, but not so much season 2 and didnt actually finish watching it.

I think season 1 very much played to the nostalgia factor

Didnt realise it was going to season 3

Elizabeth Shue 😛

This is me. My experience was nearly the same.

Wasnt Hillary Swank the Next Karate Kid (you know the terrible one)?

Zardnaar

Legend
I enjoyed season 1 on Youtube, but not so much season 2 and didnt actually finish watching it.

I think season 1 very much played to the nostalgia factor

Didnt realise it was going to season 3

Wasnt Hillary Swank the Next Karate Kid (you know the terrible one)?

Silence that one doesn't exist (not her fault).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases