• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silent Hill [Based on CoC d20] Game sign-up

lordgibbon

First Post
Hello, i am going to be running a Silent Hill d20 game, that will run of the d20 Call of Cthulhu rules, as well as an Online Resident Evil supplement. The reason I'm doing a Silent Hill game, is because Resident Evil is so overdone. At least Silent Hill has a CoC-esque vibe to it.

The only rule, the rule added from the Online Resident Evil supplement, is a variant of called shots. This will be documented when needed... well here comes the character creation part.

---

For making a character:
1.To make characters, use a 15 point buy. That's right, 15 points, in plain English, characters can die very easily.

2.The Cthulhu Mythos "Skill" will be reffered to as Knowlegde (Silent Hill). However, the skill can not have ranks added to it during leveling and character creation, just like the Cthulhu mythos skill.

3.No firearms unless they are appropriate to the character you are playing. I have final discretion over this, and will make the call if it is allowed to be used.

4.No psychic feats are not to be used by any PC's in this game.

5.After finshing your character, post them here for a basic review/approval process. Then I will e-mail you your reason for being in Silent Hill (Story Hook)

---

I am looking for six players. Other people can post their characters as well, as I will keep them on hand in case anyone dies inside the game/drops outside of the game. They will contacted if needed.

Mickerus

First Post
Sounds very interesting to me, but I'm not terribly familiar with the d20 Cthulhu rules. Give me a few days and I can probably come up with something, though.

And to anybody else out there... come on! Speak up! Silent Hill is great! As close to "scary" as a game can get, I promise!

anonystu

J'Accuse PirateCat!
It's game design wonkery, watch out!

I'm not interested in playing, but just want to opin, that if you're going to use a low/gritty point buy like 15, which is fine, of course, that you consider altering the point buy a slight bit: if the average stat in your game is roughly 10-11, you probably want to have a lower cap than 8, allow players to be a bit more flawed then usual.

So, probably, something like:

27 point buy, where attributes default to 6.

Or, in point/abil terms:
6: 0 7: 1
8: 2 9: 3
10: 4 11: 5
12: 6 13: 7
14: 8 15: 10
16: 12 17: 15 18: 18

This allows people to specialize a bit more than in a straight 15 point buy, but they pay a lot more for it. It's still the same effective bonus (heroes have a +1 overall, unless they specialize). It also allows people to be more flawed than in your usual sort of d20 game, which I think, seems like the right feel.

Sorry for interrupting, just stopping by...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads