• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silver Bullets Chapter 1:L'Arruolamento

rangerjohn

Explorer
Roger sets down his bags, and investigates one of the computer stations. ~They sure like parsing out information in this place. As bad as the Navy, hurry up and wait.~

Imerak

First Post
Jean-Jacque

A short, middle-aged man with greasy black hair opens the door. "Oh, hello. May I help you?"

James

"Oh, I suppose I'm a mercenary just like you..." she says, trailing off. "But I'm really not the combative type, though I can defend myself. I'm into the more diplomacy-oriented missions. I'm hoping not to be a permanent fixture here, I have other things to do... But I've said too much, probably."

Andrew

"Oh, nothing," the cabbie remarks offhandly. "It's just I think I went to school here when I was a kid. Never mind." He closes his door and begins to drive off."

Roger

Roger sits down at the computer and begins to read...

Please see OOC thread.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Imerak said:
Monique

The man chuckles. "Yes, it is a bit disconcerting. I personally am quite fluent in Italian, though I'm still not used to the way it sounds." He pauses and lets Monique into the main hall. "Well, I'm pretty sure that would be on the second floor. I don't know much about the layout of the building, it seems like a fairly drab building if I do say so myself." He moves towards the right stairwell, then glances back towards Monique.

Monique follows him to the stairs.
"Do you live here too? Because if you do, I was thinking if I could bother you to give me some lessons. I don't know how long I'll stay in Rome, but I would like to enjoy it fully. Oh by the way I'm Mary."
She offers him her slender hand, her nails a delicate shade of pink.

reveal

Adventurer
Imerak said:
James

"Oh, I suppose I'm a mercenary just like you..." she says, trailing off. "But I'm really not the combative type, though I can defend myself. I'm into the more diplomacy-oriented missions. I'm hoping not to be a permanent fixture here, I have other things to do... But I've said too much, probably."

James chuckles, "Mercenary, eh? Miss, do I look like a mercenary? I mean, the khaki pants, the crumpled shirt, the 'bed head' I haven't bothered to straighten up? This may be a mercenary organization, but I can assure you, I am no mercenary."

"No, my expertise lies in the past. I've been hired for my ability to find things, ancient things I hope."

"So I guess we're not too different, you and I; both used to using our wits more than weapons. Hopefully we'll fit in here," James finishes as he gives her a sly smile and a wink.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"Okay. Thanks." Andrew pays the cabbie, then makes his way into the building. Once inside, he'll start his search for Room 201 from wherever seems a promising place.

Awakened

First Post
Imerak said:
Cyrus

"Oh, no problem," the man says. "You were approached by a representitive for the Silver Bullets within the past couple of days, correct?"

Cyrus eases up, but the thought of this man knowing about his plans for arrival startles him.
"Yeah, tall guy, kinda spooky. Now who are you, and how did you know I was coming by boat?" Cyrus reflexively goes for his belt but realizes his guns are in the cargo deck.

Imerak

First Post
Monique

The man smiles and takes Monique's hand. "Why, I'd be delighted. Can't promise that I'm much of a teacher, though. By the way, my name's Harry." He leads Monique up the stairs, to a wooden door marked "201."

James

Mia giggles. "So you're into ancient things... Sounds like an interesting line of work. Do you do it for more research purposes, or are you like a treasure hunter..."

Andrew

Andrew rings the buzzer, and the door opens after that. He manages to find the somewhat nondescript Room 201, equipped with a couple of computers and home to some bags. Now in his element, he sits down and starts looking on them...

Jean-Jacque

The man's eye sparkles. "Oh, don't worry about stealth. Everybody is here for the exact same reason as you-do stuff to make money. Or work for our competitors and undermine us directly, but I dearly hope that's not happening, don't you?"

reveal

Adventurer
Imerak said:
James

Mia giggles. "So you're into ancient things... Sounds like an interesting line of work. Do you do it for more research purposes, or are you like a treasure hunter..."

"Yes," James says. "Actually, I do more research than anything else, but, occassionally, I like to retrieve items myself. What about you? What kind of diplomacy missions have you been on?"

DrZombie

First Post
Imerak said:
Jean-Jacque

The man's eye sparkles. "Oh, don't worry about stealth. Everybody is here for the exact same reason as you-do stuff to make money. Or work for our competitors and undermine us directly, but I dearly hope that's not happening, don't you?"
"No, I don't know nothing about undermining anything. I just drive cars, very slowly and I obey every traffic regulation. Well, I know every traffic regulation. Most of them. The vast majority. Wich side are you supposed to drive on? I keep forgetting that one.

Anyway, the guy who thinks he's John Wayne's little cousin told me there was a garage here for me to work in. Do you have any idea where it is? And do we get a place to stay here as well or do we have to make our own arrangements? And more important : where is the nearest place where I can buy cigarettes?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads