Sinister Spire (Group 2)(Orsal Judging)

BigB

Visitor
I would like to get you caught up with the first group soon as it will be much easier to manage.

You have traveled to Rivenblight and found the dwarven expeditions that you are working for as a cover. The dwarves lead you down a precarious trail deep into the crevice and point out the ruins you will need to enter to find the portal. They explain this area has not yet been cleared or searched and they do not know what you will find inside. They do know it will not be a friendly welcoming as they have experioenced from the ruins they have already explored. As you approach from the south west you look down at the ruins.

I prefer you roll yourself using invisible castle. If you are unable I can roll for you.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sensing the need for stealth, Pendrake slowly draws his Viking style long sword and brings his beaten and battered, but still serviceable shield to bear. looking to the others he tries to ascertain the best person to lead.
 

ajanders

Explorer
Metal clatters on metal as Michael straps his target more firmly to his arm.
"Wait a moment, Pendrake."
He checks all his gear again.
Shield is on his arm. Hammer on right hip, kukri on left hip. Tinderbox and sling in his belt pouch, torch in his belt, the everburning flame apparently scorching his navel.
"Still not used to that..." he murmurs, shaking his head.

Michael shifts the magical sack lashed across his back to the ground and opens it.
"This holds more than it would seem. One of the few good things to come from my adventures -- the gods know it cost enough."
The twist of his mouth indicates the cost was more than gold coin somehow.
"So having paid for it, we may as well use it. Feel free to drop anything awkward in now: it's not going to be any more to carry."

He turns back to include the rest of the group in the invitation as well.
In the back of his head Michael hears Ros singing softly again:

Just because everything's changing
doesn't mean it's never been this way before.
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
as you head off to the war.


"I'll take the point. With luck, I'll pick up some tracks on the way down."
As the last thing goes into the sack he ties it shut again and slings it over his shoulder.
"Let's go: when it's over, we can come back."

And suiting action to words, he goes down the trail to the ruins in long strides, whistling absently.

No need to say goodbye...
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Perhaps your bak can carry zese rations? I pick up 1 week uf food o get to the people we got to help. Just in case they neet it, Ja?"
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The northerner watches the sack take all of the rations and not get any bulkier.

"vas ist das?" vee go now?"
 
Last edited:

Knight Otu

Visitor
(Semabin has also bought 5 trail rations in addition to the ones he already had, but carrying them himself.)

"I'll best stay at the middle of the group. I'm not a good lookout, and this way I can get to where I'm needed the fastest." He pats his scimitars, his quiver, and his bow to make sure they're secured before they start.
 

jkason

Visitor
Eanos, human monk

Eanos looks about, as if taking in all the details around them.

"I have a similar enchantment on my own haversack, but thank you for the offer," he says of unloading equipment.

As the talk turns to their marching order, Eanos says, "I might be best on rear guard. I have the speed to reach the front quickly if need be, and Michael seems confident in the scouting role.

"Although,"
the monk says, looking about again a bit nervously, "Perhaps whistling is a bit too inviting if there are, indeed, hostile creatures ahead?"

[sblock=OOC]Spot; Listen (1d20+15=31, 1d20+15=27)[/sblock]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake checks his grip on his sword and the strap on his shield. H elooks prepared to take the second position, first going to the scout.
 

ajanders

Explorer
(Hey BigB, which is the right thread to ask questions of Mellubb like "What do the people we're trying to rescue look like?" and "How do we identify ourselves as a rescue party, not a collection of bandits out to kill them and take their stuff?")

Michael stops whistling and looks at Eanos, puzzled.
"Was I? Pardon me."

He moves past Pendrake into the point.
"Pendrake, if we meet something unfriendly, try not to charge it until I slap you on the shoulder."
Michael grins wolfishly.
"Trust me. It'll be worth the wait."

Moving forward, Michael begins to scan the ground for tracks.
url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1969034/]1d20+8=16[/url]url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1969034/]1d20+8=16[/url]
(there's an additional +2 if there are undead tracks around...which seems unlikely, I admit)

Michael leads the party towards, but not yet into, the ruins.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
(Hey BigB, which is the right thread to ask questions of Mellubb like "What do the people we're trying to rescue look like?" and "How do we identify ourselves as a rescue party, not a collection of bandits out to kill them and take their stuff?")

.
OOC: Doh! good question! I was just too glad to get pendrake into an adventure , I didn't think about that
 

BigB

Visitor
ooc: This thread will be best to continue posts.


[Back at the RDI] Melubb decribes the group you are seeking to help.

Phoenix, an Elan, wears studded leather shirt/skirt and studded thigh high boots. Her constant frown seems to turn people off before they can really get to know her. With stuningly violet eyes and fiery red hair, she lights up any room she enters, at least until her lack of manners or even common courtesy dim peoples thoughts of her.

Rowan is classically good looking; tall, dark human with black hair. He wears breastplate armor and carries a guisarme.

Lookspring is small even for a Katara. His fur is black and gray with a spotted tabby coloration. He is excitable and prone to lash out when surprised. He wears a shining mithril chain shirt with a handaxe at his side and a composite longbow on his back. Upon his head is a wolf's head that he can pull down over his face like a mask when he desires.

At least that is how they appeared the last time I was in their presence.


ooc: marching order? Michael in the lead then...
 

jkason

Visitor
OOC: Eanos is taking rear guard unless someone objects. Which I believe puts Semabin third (there are only four of us, right?)
 

ajanders

Explorer
(Did Mellubb provide any credentials for the party? Letter of introduction, a signet ring. funky hat?)

Michael sighs when he hears about another Elan.
"Doesn't eat, doesn't sleep, claims to be a god?"
He sighs again.
"I won't make promises then. Those folk have a real knack for stirring up trouble for themselves and everyone around them. I may not be able to get them out of trouble."
He sounds even less happy when he hears about Lookspring.
"All right: I'll see what I can do. But the last time I got involved with something like this, it ended badly."

Meanwhile, back in Rivenblight, Michael leads the party around the ruins looking for tracks or any signs of life. He doesn't go out of his way to make noise, but he doesn't hide himself either.

"We might get lucky: they could have come out this way and just holed up somewhere to rest and recover. Might could be if they see us, they'll flag us down."
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
(Did Mellubb provide any credentials for the party? Letter of introduction, a signet ring. funky hat?)

"All right: I'll see what I can do. But the last time I got involved with something like this, it ended badly."
"Not to worry, mein herr, ve are here to keep that from goink bat. Ist not to verry."

Meanwhile, back in Rivenblight, Michael leads the party around the ruins looking for tracks or any signs of life. He doesn't go out of his way to make noise, but he doesn't hide himself either.

"We might get lucky: they could have come out this way and just holed up somewhere to rest and recover. Might could be if they see us, they'll flag us down."
1d20-1=6

Pendrake sneaks along as best as he can clink clank klang clink chang ting
 

BigB

Visitor
marching order:

Michael
Pendrake move silent=6
Semabin
Eanos spot 31, listen 27


direction? Do you circle the ruins first or go right in?

ooc: It would be good if you make spot, listen, hide, move silent checks (if you are trying any of that) each round until you encounter something. The bad things that go bump in the night live here :devil: haha
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Actually I was trying to move silent. cant you tell by the written noises? Ha ha!
 

Advertisement

Top