Sinister Spire (Group 2)(Orsal Judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
It's been over a month since I last logged in... I really didn't expect my ENworld time to become that scarce, and I'd like to promise it won't again, but honestly, I don't know. My job got very busy beginning in January, and that's not going to abate any time soon. For now, LEW is not a high priority for me.

The menu has sections for soups, meats, and drinks. Most of it is written in elven script, although not in a language any of you recognize. Some, but not all, of each section include Common translations. Those are fairly mundane, unremarkable, and widely known items such as roast beef or dwarven ale. Semabin does not see anything to remind him of home.

To the best that you can tell, everyone at the tables is a customer. However, there is a large stone chair across the room, where a humanoid figure sits, wrapped in and hooded by a crimson robe that has a complex pattern of eyes on it. The mysterious creature seems to be observing the room carefully.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake nods to the robed figure and says, "das rumormeister?"

to orsal:
hey, stuff happens. real life always trumps gaming. Enjoy work while you can!

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Pendrake nods to the robed figure and says, "das rumormeister?"

to orsal:
hey, stuff happens. real life always trumps gaming. Enjoy work while you can!

((OOC: What DeWar said. :) ))

Eanos shrugs. "Seems to have a place of honor," the monk adds. When the serving creature returns, he orders a drink and small meal from the common items, then asks, "Who is that in the stone chair?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Shrugging, Semabin also orders an ale and a small meal he recognizes. No sense risking to eat anything unknown. Who knows what else they serve here.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=observation]
arn't we a bunch of adventurous adventurers!
Eanos shrugs. he orders a drink and small meal from the common items,
Shrugging, Semabin also orders an ale and a small meal he recognizes. No sense risking to eat anything unknown. Who knows what else they serve here.
[/sblock]

"Wanneer in Berlijn, ben als berliner. "

Pendrake looks around and seens something that may resemble sausage and saurkrout and points to that and then says, "some of zat, bitta."

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Eanos: the waitskeleton does not answer you, or speak at all.

Pendrake: You don't see anything looking like sauerkraut. There is someone noshing on some sausage-like meat, with a yellowish condiment you can't identify.

Everyone's meal will set them back 7 SP.

As you are discussing how cautious to be in your menu choices, another well-armed party enters. There are three of them: a human man, a human woman, and a katara, all in fine armour and with multiple weapons. They go straight toward the mysterious robed creature and speak to him; from your table you cannot tell what they are saying, but you can see the man hold up a round black stone.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos sighs as he realizes the skeleton apparently hasn't the ability to speak. Then he spots the other party, and his brows furrow.

"I can't imagine we're this lucky, but isn't that a katara? How common could they be down here?"

The monk stands. "They don't look like they're in the dire trouble we were lead to believe, but we may have just found the folk we were sent to aid."

Eanos waits to see if any of the others object, but if they don't he moves to intercept the katara and his fellows.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases