• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sins of Our Fathers - 2/10 - Final Update

Old One

First Post
Good point...

Nasma said:
My money's on Vath.

Sounds just like the place a burrowing creature might live.

Nasma,

You could be right...I had forgotten about that prophecy :p! But what will we do without Vath's oozing pustules, should that come to pass?

~ Old One

WizarDru

Adventurer
Old One said:
Nasma,

You could be right...I had forgotten about that prophecy :p! But what will we do without Vath's oozing pustules, should that come to pass?

~ Old One
Well, if it's oozing pustules you want, I'm sure John could get some disease from one of his dalliances with a woman of questionable values, but I guess that wouldn't be the same. :)

Nasma

First Post
Old One said:
what will we do without Vath's oozing pustules, should that come to pass?

Just hope Vath's player does what I'd do; Create Vath 2, identical in every respect, except that his name is one sylable longer. ;)

Lefferts

First Post
Vath=Yip?

Nasma said:
Just hope Vath's player does what I'd do; Create Vath 2, identical in every respect, except that his name is one sylable longer. ;)

Kind of like the Yip's from arwink's Copperheads storyhour.

Lefferts

Lela

First Post
Lefferts said:
Kind of like the Yip's from arwink's Copperheads storyhour.

Lefferts
Though we're starting to get some radically different personalities out of those buggers. The current Yip, for example, has a little harder edge than the previous one.

I think they plop different classes on them each time around as well. The fact that they have him be disposable point man is probably the only reason he keeps dying at this point. The player was bound to come across the perfect combination of classes, skills, and feats a good while ago. He just got shot down before he could shine. ;)

Last edited:

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Folks,

If you have five seconds, or even if you don't, I highly recommend you take a look at this guy's art. He's crabclaw here on the boards, and he's about 85% finished with a map depicting the isle of the Valus - the setting for this story hour (at this point in time).

There aren't any towns or roads labeled, presently, but that may change.

I'm biased, certainly, but I truly think his work can stand toe-to-toe with the maps we'd normally see in WotC publications.

Enough. Click the link. Please.

Crabclaw's Rendering of the Valus Isle

D

EDIT: Once you head to that link, just scroll down a bit. You won't miss it. :)

Last edited:

darkbard

Legend
wow! that certainly is top-notch stuff. hats off to mr. crabclaw. can't wait to see it with cities added, so that visualizing the journeys of our heroes is all that much easier.

Gaius

First Post
I don't know what it is about clerics who worship the Suffering gods, but Vath is hands down my favorite character in this story hour, much as Dranko is my favorite in Sagiro's. It's too bad that Vath is going to die in that barrow that he and Amelyssan retreated into.

Gaius

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Vath is cool and all, but he's so quiet I have trouble relating to him as much as the other characters. When I started reading Sins, John was my hands down favorite (granted he had most of the "screen" time). As the story evolved Baden has stepped up and become my favorite (though John is still very cool but I admit a soft spot in my heart for dwarves as I play one currently).

I'm hoping as the story continues we will look deeper and deeper into the other characters.

Great stuff, Destan...looking forward to your next update.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads