• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sirot's Necromancer

I am designing a full 30 level necromancer for my personal use. I am slowly going to build him up and eventually he will have full 30 levels fleshed out. If anyone is interested in its progress there is a link below. Anyone is free to use it and all suggestions are welcomed.

Mini-FAQ:
Wait...I can't control a army of 100 undead? What gives?
My personal design decision was that the necromancer controls all of his undead as a single entity. He may only have one of these entities active at any given time and this line of summoning starts with the lowly skeletal ward. There are going to be abilities to dominate undead as well, but at higher levels.

Future Plans:
Right now, the necromancer is a pretty bad leader, he can heal and that's pretty much the extent of it. I am probably going to the necromancer a overhaul soon to make him into a controller/leader hybrid. His undead will provide assistance to front line fighters (leader) while keeping enemies in check (controller). At the same time providing some damage and healing. I am also going to look at the current "undead" mechanic and try to simplify it further to make it easier to use. Elegance and usability are the main goals.

Necromancer Document
Current Level: 4

Last edited:

Soel

First Post
Skeletal Ward needs to be cleaned up a bit. text says its a daily, but the header has it as encounter. Also, you need stats for the skeletal ward.

The Animate dead class feature also seems funky with its allowance of daily swapping, but since you haven't written up any more animate powers, then its hard to tell just how much of an effect on balance this will have.

Looks cool thus far!

I love the Mend Flesh power! Very cool design!

chronoplasm

First Post
A couple of suggestions:
I don't think it would hurt to be able to spend a minor action to make the animate perform a move or standard action.

Also, I think a good compromise with the army of undead people would be some kind of Skeletal Mob power where the group of undead is treated as a single large creature sharing one mind.

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Overall I like it - needs some cleaning as some aspects are not clear. I think if your necromancer is keying abilities off surges he needs a higher surge starting point. Forced Haunting needs the conjuration keyword and you should specify that it creates a Zone.

Really good effort. I think this has a lot of potential.

The necromancer has become level 4 and gained a list of all the appropriate powers. There were many changes to pre-existing abilities.

Google Documents is horrible for creating tables, I might instead opt to make a quick website for the class.

EDIT: Oh wow, I checked out some of other necromancer classes in the board and we are all pretty similar in some ways.

Last edited:

chronoplasm

First Post
Lol. I can think of some pretty funky things to do with Grave Robber. You can create some rough terrain by teleporting in a giant's corpse.
If you Grave Rob a corpse that's on fire, is it still on fire when you make it appear again?
If you disappear a pregnant woman, does that count as one corpse or two?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads