Site seems laggy at times/ giving xp

cjosephs1s

First Post
This could be a problem on my end but it usually doesn't happen with other sites. Any ideas? I"m happy to provide any info you need. I'm not real tech savvy so if its complicated I'm going to need some intructions on how to get the info but basic stuff like PC specs I can handle.

Also its not so much a problem as maybe a suggestion that I'm sure you have heard. I only use the site for the D&D pre 4e forums for the most part so most of the posters there are the same bunch of people. I'd like to give xp to them when they have great ideas or answer my questions but usually it says I need to spread it around. Well its hard to when the same half dozen or so people are usually all you see. Any ideas?

I realize these are probably minor things but its never fun to have to wait 45 seconds for a screen to load and its always fun to reward hard work and good ideas. Love the site and keep up the good work! Thanks all!

IronWolf

blank
This could be a problem on my end but it usually doesn't happen with other sites. Any ideas? I"m happy to provide any info you need. I'm not real tech savvy so if its complicated I'm going to need some intructions on how to get the info but basic stuff like PC specs I can handle.

I can't say much on this one. The site has been running pretty well for me recently, maybe someone else will have an idea for you.

cjosephs1s said:
Also its not so much a problem as maybe a suggestion that I'm sure you have heard. I only use the site for the D&D pre 4e forums for the most part so most of the posters there are the same bunch of people. I'd like to give xp to them when they have great ideas or answer my questions but usually it says I need to spread it around. Well its hard to when the same half dozen or so people are usually all you see. Any ideas?

If you tend to hang out in one forum you will run into the trouble of seeing the same smaller subset of posters more frequently. The easiest way to work around that is to explore more of the forums! The General Forum can be pretty fun as it covers broader topics that are system agnostic for the most part. Some people enjoy the Media Lounge too if you have interest in such things. Folks talk about books, movies and such. Once you start hanging out there you will come across a different set of folks and hopefully get even more out of the site.

Tom Servo

First Post
I have the same issue as cjosephs1s. Love the site, but holy smokes is it slow. By far the slowest loading time of any site I regularly visit. And yeah, giving xp seems slow and/or twitchy.

IronWolf

blank
I have the same issue as cjosephs1s. Love the site, but holy smokes is it slow. By far the slowest loading time of any site I regularly visit.

Yeah, I jinxed myself. I've been having very slow page loads since about Saturday from multiple Internet connections. That's what I get for saying things were running smoothly for me! :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've noticed some fairly heavy slowdown over the last few days myself.

[MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION] might be able to take a peek behind the scenes. Maybe the log files are filling up the hard drive again.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've noticed some fairly heavy slowdown over the last few days myself.

[MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION] might be able to take a peek behind the scenes. Maybe the log files are filling up the hard drive again.

Stormonu

Legend
Yeah, lag has been killer the past couple of days, if not weeks. Other sites I visit come up relatively fast, ENWorld has been taking a couple minutes to go from screen to screen.

Remove ads