• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - A War of the Burning Sky Campaign (3.5)

fromage67

First Post
She as a stands off to the side and thumbs her hand in the direction of the table. "Have a drink." She suggests with a smile. "Just because we’re about to go to war doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the new year. Oh, and I think some introductions on your part are in order."

"Rantle sends his regards, Torrent. Name's Lars, at your service."

Lars winks at the woman, removes his cloak and settles himself in his chair, pouring a drink in one of the mugs on hand. He is dressed in fashionable clothes, but nobody present will mistake him for a noble. The clothes are trendy, but definitely serviceable, and you can hear the distinct creak of leather as he sits. The short spear, dagger, and crossbow make it obvious Lars came prepared for action.

Bannock

First Post
One Way To Introduce Yourself

Bannock, uncomfortable with subtlety, marches across the room and sets his glaive down on the bar top. With the confidence and precision of someone who has been here on multiple but less sober occasions, he thrashes about the shelves for a bit, knocks some things over, and emerges with a tankard in his left hand and an unused metal tap in his right. He slams the tap with a backhanded thrust into the nearest cask of ale, which begins emptying mostly into the mug which Bannock suspends below, until it's overflowing. He then turns to the group.

I don't think I know any of you. Except for the dwarf, he's familiar. Anyway, you're all strangers to me. My name's Bannock Voss. Now I'm no stranger to you.

He raises the glass.

To a new year, strangers!

He takes a mighty swig of ale, gulping down about half the mug's contents before slamming it on the bar, grinning ear to ear, ale dripping down his beard.

Now, Miss Torrent! You must know my Dad! I have a question for you!

When do we get to start killing some of those Ragesian :):):):):)HEADS?!
?

OOC: Damn, it's annoying that the board censors language. Need to find if I can turn that off!

The Bashar

First Post
The Dwarf walks over to the table, grabs a mug, and raises it toward the group.

"Cheers and Happy New Year to all!"

He throws back the whole mug and wipes off the foam that was left on his beards. He heads over to where Bannock has tapped the keg and hands him the mug.

"I could use a refill good man!"

He then looks over to where Torrent is standing.

"Torrent, I am Hrimr Cavekeeper. I was sent by Buron. I hear you have a plan of some sort."

Gregor

First Post
Arnir, you wrack your brain for information on Torrent, but are largely unable to come up with any interesting information. However, you are certain that her holy symbol bears iconography (a crashing wave) consistent with the worship of Istishia the God of Elemental Water. Priests of Istishia's order generally have access to some water-related magic and have the power to turn or rebuke creatures of fire.

Lars, you also fail to recall any useful local information information regarding Torrent.

Torrent walks over and helps herself to a mug of beer. She takes a long sip and responds to Lars. "Ah, Rantle sent you eh? I wasn't sure if your organization was willing to respond to my request. I'm glad you're here though, as I can use someone with your skills."

She pats Lars on the shoulder and turns to face the ale-guzzling dwarf and human. "Pleased to meet you Bannock Voss," she says. I cannot say that I know your father, but the Resistance is a large group and many cells are not connected to the other ... for safety reasons. If he knows of me, then he ranks much higher in the organization than I. Regardless, I am also glad to have you on board tonight."

"And you, stout Dwarf" she smiles as she turns her attention a few feet down from Bannock. "I knew I could count on Buron to send forth a capable member of the Resistance for this mission. I thank you for making the trip here on this frigid eve."

Torrent strides to the other side of the table and takes a seat. She stretches her legs out and takes another sip of beer. "Please, everyone continue to relax for a few more moments. I'd like to hear from the others here tonight before we get down to business."

At this point, you can all faintly hear a variety of distant bells throughout the city, chiming to celebrate the turning of the New Year.

Last edited:

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio listens to the exchange with interest. The beer is enticing, but likely not a good idea given the generous amount of wine he’s consumed already, ah well, can’t be helped.

He walks across the room to the table, smiles and picks up three mugs, juggles them briefly, then takes a sip and sits.

“Bit of a show off I’m afraid. For our companion’s benefit and yours, I am Kirio, the effusive to some, sometimes Wayfarer, sometimes thorn in the side of… well, many, but you can just call me Kirio. Tell me dear host, as I’ve not had occasion to deal with your organization for some 40 years now, how is it that you know enough of me to have summoned me here tonight? Although extremely interested, I find the fact more than a little disconcerting.”

Gregor

First Post
"That's a good question Kirio," Torrent says from her relaxed position. "I was not around 40 years ago, but my mother was. She was an active member of the Resistance and had a certain fondness for elves. One elf in particular. She used to tell me stories, in her later years, of a certain elven bard named Kirio that took up with the Resistance during the first Ragesian occupation. It seems you made an impression on her during those days. Before my father came along anyway. When I heard that an elven bard by the same name was playing in some local taverns, I ran some reconnaissance on you. Truth be told I took a gamble on you being the right fellow. Looks like I was right."

Adjuntive

First Post
Alric lays his shield against the wall next to the door and helps himself to a tankard. He appears to study Torrent for a few moments, bows his head slightly in salutation with a fist upon his chest and then seats himself.

"Hail Torrent. I am called Alric."

He takes a judicious sip from his tankard and continues to regard Torrent intently apparently very interested in having her continue about said mission.

Gregor

First Post
Alric, your gut tells you nothing about this situation. As far as you're concerned, your reasons for being here tonight are genuine.

"Hail to you as well Alric," she says as she takes another sip of beer. "Judging from your gear and that stiff salute, I'd wager you're Captain Herreman's contribution to tonight. I thank you for coming."

fromage67

First Post
Alric, your gut tells you nothing about this situation. As far as you're concerned, your reasons for being here tonight are genuine.

"Hail to you as well Alric," she says as she takes another sip of beer. "Judging from your gear and that stiff salute, I'd wager you're Captain Herreman's contribution to tonight. I thank you for coming."

Lars coughs and sputters."Lovely!" He says with an ironic tone of voice. "I sure hope Rantle knows what the hell he's doing. It looks like war-time forces strange associations. Well, here's to your health Alric. The City Guard aren't usually on my team, but you look like a decent enough fellow." He raises his mug and takes a good gulp.

"So, Mrs. Torrent, I am getting more and more intrigued.
What kind of mission requires a City guard, an elven bard and his thirsty friend, a dwarf, a brawny warrior, and a fellow of my varied talents and resourcefulness?"

Adjuntive

First Post
A smile creeps across Alric's face as he observes Lars' consternation of the reference of the city guard. He considers saying nothing for a moment, enjoying this man's comical discomfort then reconsiders;
"Relax my friend. Though I frequently do work for Herreman, I am no guardsmen. I'm...freelance, and care nothing for your transgressions and I'm more interested in this mission and it's opportunity or recompense."

Remove ads