• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - A War of the Burning Sky Campaign (3.5)

digimattic

First Post
Arnir has been in Gate Pass only a short while, nonetheless, he wracks his brain to try and remember if he has heard of any city officials who might be sympathetic to the Resistance.

Gregor

First Post
OOC: Hey guys, from now on I am going to use the following function to respond to knowledge checks. Obviously anyone can press the buttons and see the information, but generally its just for the person making the request. I don't mind if others look at it, but keep in mind that its up to the character making the knowledge check to decide if they want to share it in game for the benefit or detriment of other characters in the party. **Apparently if you've subscribed to the forum, the email you receive tells you whats in these boxes. Oh well.

[sblock=What Hrimr knows]Hrimr, no names seem to come to mind.[/sblock]

[sblock=What Arnir knows]Arnir, you are aware of a city councilman named Erdan Menash who is sympathetic to adventurers. He has sponsored them in the past. Additionally, he is rumoured to be opposed to the current decisions of City Council, and negatively outspoken on the Empire of Ragesia. You are also aware that he occupies a manor towards the Eastern part of the city that is garishly painted in bright colours.[/sblock]

Last edited:

digimattic

First Post
Arnir mutters to himself "No, not him...he was hung last winter...oh! Menah! Erdan Menash!"

Arnir hops down from the stool and looks at Torrent

"Torrent, I seem to recall one Erdan Menash might be amenable to our plight...If I remember correctly he's publicly voiced his opposition to the current plan of negotiation. He might be able to get us the documents we need!"

Arnir smiles, obviously pleased with himself and takes a deep drink of ale for the first time.

Gregor

First Post
Torrent looks over at Arnir and considers his words.

"Alright, I think that's a good lead and one we can probably look into. If we can convince Mr. Menash to service us with some diplomatic papers to get out of the city, then perhaps Captain Herreman will be willing to supply us with uniforms and slip us out of a gate, especially with Alric and I asking for the favour."

"Does anyone else have any questions on the mission? Any thoughts or suggestions? If not, I would like to get moving."

Bannock

First Post
Bannock, quickly finishing a second third helping of ale, thumps the floor with the shaft of the glaive excitedly.

"Let's go then! We've less than an hour and standing around 'ere is making me jumpy, and I've got to piss like an ox. Ah, rest easy Sir Arnir, I know you're right. That sword is surely nothin' to worry about. The metalwork is shameful!"

He says with a wink, just before tromping out the door to relieve himself in the alley.

The Bashar

First Post
Hrimr looks up from the map and gathers his things.

"So we are going to meet with the Gnome first and get the intelligence? Then meet this councilman get the papers and subsequently our disguises?"

Hrimr take a moment to take out his sling from his backpack and hang it off his belt.

"When we make it out of the city I suggest we head to the forest, I can make it difficult for anyone to track us through there."

Last edited:

digimattic

First Post
Arnir looks at Hrimr closely.

"I knew there was something odd about you. You're like no other Dwarf from the borderlands I've met.....oh, and Bannock- while you're right about the sword, I wasn't making a jest when I said I couldn't carry my bedroll, blanket and rations. I think I've got room for the torch though. I'm sure a man of your strength would have no trouble with a few triflings like that..."

Arnir grabs a torch from the chest and manages to stuff 2lbs of rations in his backpack before grunting with the exertion of a man who has seen little by way of manual labour in his life.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads