• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

digimattic

First Post
Arnir chuckles as he fastens the leather straps securing Bannock's plate. Once done he dons his now-dry cloak, grabs his own drastically lightened pack, quiver and bow. Snapping the string to test the tension, he looks back to see if Kirio is accompanying them.

digimattic

First Post
"Sounds good! Your talents may well prove useful. Let's get going then. We can deal with this simple task with plenty of time for Lowduke and a trip to the Lyceum afterwards."

Arnir heads out the door, back into the drizzle with Bannock and Lars

Gregor

First Post
Arnir, Lars and Bannock, you spend the next hour wandering the Northern Harbour part of Seaquen looking for Clerk's Row. After searching for a while, and asking for directions, you find the named street somewhere near the harbour proper and a stretch of merchant's offices.

Clerk's Row is a short cul-du-sac packed with tall closely-packed offices, stores and tenements. Iron and wooden signs sway squeakily in the humid sea breeze and show available services such as scribes, barristers, binders and couriers.

You find the right office after only a few minutes of searching. The building is narrow and nestled within row buildings. The exterior is weathered and there are no windows. One wooden door, with peeling paint serves as the only entrance and a new sign has been affixed to the siding. It reads: 'Edmond Merrywinter - Scribe and Comptroller'. Beneath it sits another sign that reads: 'Office currently under renovation'

digimattic

First Post
Arnir pauses outside the office, having found it at last. Dripping with rain, he tents his fingers and lifts them to his mouth, tapping lightly as his brow furrows and he contemplates the next move.

"Gentlemen, to make a long story short, there is a chance this Merrywinter fellow is an agent of an enemy of mine and my family, and as such, it may be that he would like to kill or capture me. I'll be happy to regale you with the story afterwards, if you're so inclined, but for right now it should suffice to say that those inside are potentially hostile.

Naturally, I would very much like not to be killed or captured, but I would also like to come to the truth of this so if we can help it, I'd rather not kill Mr. Merrywinter. His companions, if any, I couldn't care less for.

Lars I saw you render an Orc unconscious at that cottage before the fire forest. Do you think you could do that again? I can likewise put several people into a sleep, once done we can secure the building and get to the bottom this."

fromage67

First Post
"Yeah, I could do that again if needed. I could also disguise myself and go in on some bogus errand just to find out who is in there. What do you think?"

Bannock

First Post
Bannock nods and taps his glaive on the ground.

"No problem! If it comes to a brawl, I'll try to be sure to give 'em the more, eh, dip-lo-matic end 'o the stick. That's no promise though."

digimattic

First Post
"Yeah, I could do that again if needed. I could also disguise myself and go in on some bogus errand just to find out who is in there. What do you think?"

Bannock nods and taps his glaive on the ground.

"No problem! If it comes to a brawl, I'll try to be sure to give 'em the more, eh, dip-lo-matic end 'o the stick. That's no promise though."

Arnir nods as his party weighs in "Excellent plan Lars, Bannock and I will wait out here until you return. Perhaps pose as a merchant in need of a scribe? And Bannock, no promise is necessary - I'd rather they die than any of us, if that's what it comes to...I just hope it doesn't.

Lars, is there a way for you to signal us if you're in trouble? If not, if you don't return after, say, 2 or 3 minutes at the most, Bannock and I will head in prepared for the worst.

All set then? Bannock and I can wait just outside...
"

fromage67

First Post
Lars nods, "OK then. If I get in trouble I will cast a spell that will sound like very loud drums. That should do the trick."

Lars steps behind a nearby building, and once out of sight, he concentrates and transforms his appearance into that of a rather overweight and well-dressed gentleman. Winking at Arnir and Bannock he walks and waddles to the door, and knocks loudly, "Hullo! Bryn Delaunay to see Master Merrywinter."

OOC: Not sure if he should just walk in or not. If this would be the expected behavior, then Lars/Bryn walks in and repeats the same sentence.

OOC2: Lars is wearing his armor and has his sword and a dagger on his person.

digimattic

First Post
As Lars transforms in the blink of an eye, an appreciative Arnir drags Bannock off to the side of the building, out of sight of anyone inside.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads