Skill Focus, Dodge, Toughness: Weak... ?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Cloudgatherer said:
Personally, I can understand leaving dodge the way it is. It opens up one of the more popular feat chains for fighters. However, do you feel the same way about Skill Focus given the myriad of +2 to two skills feats? And as for toughness, it only provides +3 hp, regardless of level or dice rolled. A powergamer in my group once remarked he would make a fighter, and constantly take toughness and be a "damage sponge." I think making it +1 hp/level and only allowing it once provides the same benefit to characters regardless of number of feats or hit dice.

Yes, I stand by what I said. Toughness opens the door to the Dwarven Defender prestige class, for example. I don't allow any +2/+2 feats except Alertness, and Skill Focus is (I believe) the most common feat requirement for prestige classes. I addition, I took it for one of my characters (as +2) without needing it for a PrC! I see no problems with these feats.

Crothian

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

Yes, I stand by what I said. Toughness opens the door to the Dwarven Defender prestige class, for example. I don't allow any +2/+2 feats except Alertness, and Skill Focus is (I believe) the most common feat requirement for prestige classes. I addition, I took it for one of my characters (as +2) without needing it for a PrC! I see no problems with these feats.

I agree. Toughness is a good feat, not just for wizards. I've seen a ninth level barabarian take it. Skill focus is a great way to show that you are really good at this one skill. It helps out especially fora skill you keep maxed. Dodge has saved more people then I care to count.

Remove ads