Slaying Action (Feat)

Kordeth

First Post
Which is basically where I am coming from on all this - as far as I can tell, the two do not function with each other. Needless to say, the Rogue saw a natural combination in extra sneak attack dice with an ability which ups the damage per die.

I am curious if the items were written deliberately to exclude the other, or if it simple happenstance of the wording.

You can't get two sneak attacks and +2 to all damage dice on both sneak attacks, but you can absolutely get two sneak attacks and the extra damage on the second one. I'd say that's probably by design, yes.

hrrpg1

First Post
action point

Caliban wrote, "So if you miss with your Action Point attack, you could still do sneak attack damage if you hit with a minor action attack like Low Slash."

I thought an action point only gave you one action, a standard, move, or minor action, not all three.

Am I wrong?

Mesh Hong

First Post
Caliban wrote, "So if you miss with your Action Point attack, you could still do sneak attack damage if you hit with a minor action attack like Low Slash."

I thought an action point only gave you one action, a standard, move, or minor action, not all three.

Am I wrong?

No, you are right.

An action point is a single action after which your turn ends, so if you missed with your attack your only chance to deal the extra sneak attack damage would be from an opportunity attack or a free attack like those granted from a warlord.

EDIT: My above response is wrong in almost every way. You may spend an action point at any point during your turn to gain a single extra action , after spending it you continues with the rest of your turn.

Last edited:

Kordeth

First Post
No, you are right.

An action point is a single action after which your turn ends,

Huh? There's nothing in the PHB about action point expenditure ending your turn. You're perfectly within your rights to spend an action point at the start of your turn, take your action-point-granted standard action to attack an enemy, use your regular standard action to attack again, then use your move action to move to another enemy and attack him with a power like low slash. That gives you another opportunity to deal Sneak Attack damage if your second attack missed.

Last edited:

Mesh Hong

First Post
Huh? There's nothing in the PHB about action point expenditure ending your turn.

A thousand appologies, I have just checked and you are right and I am utterly wrong. You can spend your action point at any point of your turn.

Thank you for educating me, I will edit my original post.

It's amazing how these things happen, it makes me wonder just how many rules are assumed rather than understood and followed.

Remove ads