• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slow Response

maciver

First Post
I was just wondering if there were a reason names aren't being given? I registered a character 4 days ago and have yet to get a confirmation. I tried to reregister with a different name after 2 days and still nothing. Is there a lock-down or just really slow right now?

Krystal

First Post
I know that it's been hit or miss for me with new character names I asked for. One took most of a day, the other was only an hour.

I'd recommend asking a wizo while they're on duty or through email. If you ask while they're on duty, try to do it when the rooms aren't too busy.... (IE, maybe 6-10 people max is when I'd ask).

maciver

First Post
Thanx. I will give that a shot. 5 days and counting. hehe...

Going into withdrawls since I killed one of my characters and the other one "left" for a while.
MUst... have... fix!

:)

WizO_Trelian

First Post
This is for the online chat right?

If you really seem to be getting no responses from the automatic system, ask your friendly neighborhood WizO for help.

They should be able to tell you if the name is unavailable (or unacceptable), which might be what's causing problems in the response.

They can also issue you a new name (if it's acceptable and available) immediately if they deem it worthwhile to do so. (I include that last caveat to stop people from badgering the WizOs every time they want a new name without being willing to wait for it. :weep: )

maciver

First Post
Very cool. Actually, I just contacted the wizo in-game and was informed of the ability to give me a name, but that they weren't supposed to do it, so I declined as not to get said wizo in trouble. I was told from the wizo in question that there was nothing else that could be done or information that could be obtained.

Good to know that there actually is. heh

Thank you for the response.

I was told that she would contact the people who matter and let them know of the situation. Hopefully, I will be back on soon. :)

--Maciver

Remove ads