Small Beginnings - Final Update 6/18/04, ITEOTWAWKI, AIFF!

Bubbalicious

First Post
Rel said:

Also, I got my dice in the mail today! Thanks so much for the prize. I gave them a few "practice rolls" (not that I believe in such things - mostly). The jury's still out on the d20's, which seem disinclined to roll anything higher than a 13. But the d6's are very nice indeed and I think that I shall pronounce them the Official Sneak Attack Dice of Fimbul Ferryford. He's the Halfling Rogue that I'm playing right now.

Don't worry Rel, it just takes a month or two to roll the "Curse of Enkhidu" from d20's (I would give it at least 6 months before using any of them for potentially fatal saving throws, as that is where his merest touch on a d20 is commonly most likely to have devastating repurcussions)!!

Bubbalicious

First Post
Oh, by the way Rel, don't think you can counteract "The Cuse of Enkhidu" by putting the dice under your pillow with a luck charm because the curse is too strong and will infect your previously lucky charm with it's evil!!! Just a word of warning.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Bubbalicious said:
Oh, by the way Rel, don't think you can counteract "The Cuse of Enkhidu" by putting the dice under your pillow with a luck charm because the curse is too strong and will infect your previously lucky charm with it's evil!!!

Not to mention what it would do to my pillow, eh?

Rel: "Sweetie, could you wash this pillow when you get a chance?"

Rel's Wife: "Why?"

Rel: "It's got some evil on it."

Rel's Wife: "Okaaaay."

Don't worry, I'm not about to put the fate of Fimbul in those d20's after what I've heard of Enk's luck. Besides, I always use my oversized d20's that everybody can see really well so they can share in my joy and pain.

I will use some of the players in the RttToEE game I run as guinea pigs for these dice. A few of them don't play very often and need "loaner dice". I'll let those guys work the kinks out of them.

Last edited:

fett527

First Post
Rel said:
...I'll let those guys work the kinks out of them.

Good idea Rel. Although I really shouldn't talk right now, I've been having a pretty bad rolling streak lately. I did at least crit in the last battle.:D

Bubbalicious

First Post
Rel said:

I will use some of the players in the RttToEE game I run as guinea pigs for these dice. A few of them don't play very often and need "loaner dice". I'll let those guys work the kinks out of them.

Only the love and trust of the owner of the dice can overcome this powerful evil. You should slowly work them in, over time, in non-critical situations. After a short time, they will realize that Enkhidu is no longer their master and will show great loyalty (and tremendous critical hit power) to a worthy new owner. Especially if you promise to taunt Enkhidu mercilessly about how well they then treat you (they seem to really love that).

Enkhidu

Explorer
All right, less about the dice, more about the story - we want an update! We want an update! We want...

*looks around sheepishly*

OK, OK, we're working on it!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Enk, I know you said, "less about the dice", but I thought you and some of the others would be interested to hear about the first time the new ".Official Sneak Attack Dice of Fimbul Ferryford " were used.

I thought it was a hoot. Then again, close to 200 other people have read it and only two thought it worthy of comment. So what do I know.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Hey! I was one of those 198! Had I known that those barbarian killers were the ones you just got, I might have said something.

[GRUMBLE]I knew I should've kept those for character creation...[/GRUMBLE]

Badger

First Post
Dice...

Just a quick note before I head out for watch that I got the dice in the mail on Sat. Not exactly why it took so long to get here from the day they were stamped out, but I'm blaming it all on those darn underwear gnomes...:)

Thanks again for the kick tail prize, and can't wait until the next chance to win more original SB prizes....:)

Peace amigos and if I can a few thoughts on the story to come later, but as always, the cliffhangers always leave me wanting more...

Badger

Enkhidu

Explorer
Sorry about the delay, guys - spent the weekend gettin' hitched. Now "Ms. Enk" is "Mrs. Enk."

Anyway, D'Shai and I will be finishing up the post sometime mid-week (if all goes well), and have it up by late week.

By the way, a quick note on last post's limerick: we included that tidbit because you guys are really on the ball. You'd have caught it if we used a modern phrase to get a certain idea across. Thanks for making us more aware of our language as we improve our style.

PS: this would also be a good time to ask game questions - we've gone a few weeks without a gaming session, and I'm sure that D'Shai would love to talk shop with you guys about the campaign!

Remove ads