small size on a large warforge sugestions?

jrs

First Post
I was thinking of making a goblin, or more traditional a gnome, which is going to ride, leaned back in a light brown leather seat, mounted on a large sized warforge.. A litle guy who is “drunk on being a big badass”.

My character obvious needs ranks in craft/profession to make modifications, (and “heal” checks), on his great big mount of menace.

But how to be the best master of such an heavy intimidating (magi)mechanical monster?..

Class/feats etc..?

krupintupple

First Post
my first thought was for him to simply get a magebred warhorse. i think it's in MM3, but i'm not near me books. nice bonuses and it's smarter than a normal horse too.

edit: sorry i thought you said warHORSE, not warFORGED. :p

Last edited:

jrs

First Post
so your dm is letting you play two characters then? thats the only way thats gonna work right?

you can by a warforged and then simply modify on it, eborron describes the warforged as obediant and dutyful by nature/creation/design.

To make cheap magical itims, and to be able to improve on a warforged, that´s pretty much the role that the eborron artificer is designed to do.

speaking of the artificer.. i´m not new to d&d.
I know of both the sorcery and steam artificer, the mongoose artificer and the eborron artificer, (and a prestige class artificer).

the reason i started this thread is to hear brain-dazzling ideas you, my fellow gamers, can enrich my gaming experience with.. I hope to react like this: :-S then :hmm: and then :D to end like this :cool:cool, that´s the ticket!

On another forum someone suggested that i should make a paladin of freedom, and then find a way to give my mount the effigy template, (not the one to make it undeath).
while interesting..
I still haven´t found what i´m looking for (to qoute U2)

Cactot

First Post
and is there a way to use a warforged as a mount, and by that using the mounted combat fat

I was not able to find any hard and fast definition of mount, so given the loose definition, I do not see any reason why (if you pay for a proper harness) you could not use it as a mount with the RAW.

Forgefly

First Post
I would think the Warforged Charger (from MMIII) fits the bill. It is large size, it is roughly equine in shape and is an amazingly menacing magi(mechanical) monster.

From there the question is do you want to be the awesome rider of a ferocious mount or the rider of a ferociously awesome mount?

Because your mount is intelligent most of the normal tricks involving awesome mounts don't work. But because your mount is warforged you can have serious fun with the psionic artificer (from Magic of Eberron).

Among many excellent for warforged buffs a Psionic Artificer gets access to Craft Psionic Construct as a free feat and power storing item to get 1 charge wands of any psionic power 4th level or lower. Though you still need a way to cast self only powers from your wands (or dorje really) on your mount instead.

That would be a start at any rate.

jrs

First Post
"Because your mount is intelligent most of the normal tricks involving awesome mounts don't work".

Crap.. that means I´ll have to get one, with how low a intelligence?

WAIT.. I´M AN EMBECIL!

I have started this thread without looking in the DM guide.. I can have a warforged as my mount if it´s willing and we have trained together

Remove ads